Talk

Advanced search

Friend deleted me from Instagram, petty or say something?

(14 Posts)
Sibbi2 Sun 03-Jul-16 16:19:33

This was a while back, has been niggling at me though. She can be quite impetuous and she had been pretty verbally harsh to me at the time, prompting me to distance myself. Things are ok now but in the midst of this she deleted me... Drop it or say something?

ClopySow Sun 03-Jul-16 16:20:43

Drop it

Groovee Sun 03-Jul-16 16:20:46

I'd ignore it.

Ginkypig Sun 03-Jul-16 16:52:34

Leave it.

Social media is not a true reflection on friendship imo.

Real life is!

PortiaCastis Sun 03-Jul-16 16:54:07

Life is not lived through instatwat, just move on

pearlylum Sun 03-Jul-16 17:05:13

How old are you OP?

fattyfattytoadgirl Sun 03-Jul-16 17:07:01

She sounds childish and irritating. She is probably wanting a bit of drama out of this. So pretend you didn't notice smile.

Sounds like you are doing the right thing by creating some distance from her. I'd create a bit more if I were you...!

Moistly Sun 03-Jul-16 17:08:12

Ignore ignore ignore.

Sibbi2 Sun 03-Jul-16 17:20:54

I'm 25. Normally I wouldn't give it a shit, just despise the pettiness and wondering what others would do. I rarely post on social media. Just find it a bit of a bizarre thing. It has crossed my mind that she may be a bit jealous as I believe she deleted me just after I put up a picture of myself celebrating something with other friends? (Not mutual)

Moistly Sun 03-Jul-16 17:26:13

There you go then. Pretend you haven't noticed!

Thewinedidit Sun 03-Jul-16 17:30:39

My SIL deletes me of FB regularly. She thrives on the drama. I don't mention it for that precise reason.

missybct Sun 03-Jul-16 17:31:31

Do you use it much? I know I barely use the thing now - I did when I was younger but nothing my life is worth documenting now. Does she use it much? Does it really matter? She may have forgotten she deleted you if it was in the heat of a bad patch.

Either way, don't measure friendship by social media.

missybct Sun 03-Jul-16 17:32:51

Sorry, that last sentence probably came across abruptly confused - what I meant is that if the friendship is causing you hassle anyway, SM is only going to reflect that more so and isn't the best measure.

WeirdAndPissedOff Sun 03-Jul-16 17:33:11

I know a lot of people "clear out" friends lists regularly - could it be that you just don't speak very much online, or your profile is quiet?

Either way I'd drop.
My Dsis also used to delete me every few months, I never mentioned it and just eventually stopped adding her back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now