Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Faux don't know you

(15 Posts)
SuperLoveFuzz Sun 03-Jul-16 01:34:33

I'm in a nightclub. In the toilet queue I recognise a woman who was in the year below me. I say 'oh hi cheryl'. She says, 'sorry, who are you?' I say 'justine, maybe you don't remember me, just recognised you'. She says 'I have no idea who you are, sorry'. I felt it was smug so turned around (back to her). She kept repeating over and over 'you must have an issue with me' and I replied each time saying 'just leave it'

SuperLoveFuzz Sun 03-Jul-16 01:35:08

Each time she said 'just leave what?' As if I was causing the issue?! PEOPLE!

elQuintoConyo Sun 03-Jul-16 01:52:36

Wha...?

AgentZigzag Sun 03-Jul-16 02:12:06

Cheryl was probably as trollied as you are grin

Vri123 Sun 03-Jul-16 02:13:39

Say "Sorry, I thought I recognised you but you obviously aren't her. Have a nice evening."

AgentZigzag Sun 03-Jul-16 02:17:35

Vri123, don't you mean 'socrry, i thought i recognised yotu bqut yobu vobiously aren't her. hvgae a nice eyvening'?

Vri123 Sun 03-Jul-16 02:21:01

Yes, I probably do.
I thought those nights in pubs and clubs would last forever, but I am so glad I will never go on one again!

QueenCarpetJewels Sun 03-Jul-16 02:33:37

Oh OP I am with you on this! I too hate faux "don't know you"s
Happened to me when I met all my husband's friends for the first time. One of them I grew up knowing, as our families were good friends. Went to same school, we were even in the same class at times through high school. She always was a bitch though, so I wasn't surprised.

VioletBam Sun 03-Jul-16 02:59:15

How do you KNOW it was false though? I was approached at a crossing once and a woman said "Hi!" and I looked blankly at her...and she said "It's ME Cheryl!" and I was nonplussed.

She said "We were in school together!" and I felt awkward as I truly had no idea who she was. So I said..."Oh...yes..." and she said "You don't know who I am do you?" in an accusing manner so I said "No..." and she was offended.

But I honestly did NOT remember her at all. Still don't.

nocoolnamesleft Sun 03-Jul-16 03:05:53

Possibilities:

It wasn't Cheryl at all
It was Cheryl, but she was drunk
It was Cheryl, but she didn't recognise you
It was Cheryl, but she didn't remember you
It was Cheryl, and she never liked you
It was Cheryl, but you were so drunk she wanted nothing to do with you
It was Cheryl, and you're just not as memorable as she is

AgentZigzag Sun 03-Jul-16 03:14:02

I'm starting to hate the superior, hoiking Cheryl now you've pointed out what she's really like nocoolname angry

I think you're very memorable Justine.

Good job it'll all be a drunken blur for you tomorrow morning eh? wink

MitzyLeFrouf Sun 03-Jul-16 03:29:31

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a Cheryl met in a club toilet, must be in want of the truth being given to her.

Just tell her that you remember that day she made an absolute tit of herself on the day that 5ive/B*witched/9-11 broke up.

MollyTwo Sun 03-Jul-16 03:55:35

You're in a nightclub and first thought is to post on mn?confused it must be a very boring night for you.

ThumbWitchesAbroad Sun 03-Jul-16 04:19:45

I think you possibly could/should have said "Oh sorry, you must be a different Cheryl to the one I know" before turning your back on her, tbh. Then she would more than likely just have "let it go" - I think the fact that you just turned away is what got her going.

Never mind - not everyone has a good memory for faces!

FruStefanOla Sun 03-Jul-16 08:47:24

Maybe she was Cheryl's doppelgänger - a lot of us have one! Perhaps she'd just responded to your "oh hi", rather than "Cheryl"?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now