Talk

Advanced search

Men who are fake

(6 Posts)
MorrishBored Sat 02-Jul-16 01:05:26

Does anyone know what I mean?

When people are not genuine. Of course, extends to both genders, but at the moment I'm online dating and see so many men who seem great but when you meet them, you just cringe a bit because it feels like they're putting on a huge act?! Try-hards essentially confused

Don't get me wrong, I'm far from perfect, but really hate when people are putting on a front. Anyone know what I mean?!

pinkyredrose Sat 02-Jul-16 08:50:23

Yup. I'm put off online dating for this very reason despite friends with success stories trying to persuade me. So many men seem to write crap that barely relates to who they are that I just can't be bothered trying to weed out the decent ones.

Foslady Sat 02-Jul-16 09:24:11

Definitely! I'm OLD too and TBH I don't think I'll renew when the 6 months is up partially because of this. It's one thing trying to make a good impression, another when it's obviously fake

branofthemist Sat 02-Jul-16 09:26:08

I have never done OLD, but a few friends have. Both male and female. It seems that all of them totally expect people to lie and never take them at face value. That's why I don't see the point.

It's a shame because it should be a good way of meeting people.

Foslady Sat 02-Jul-16 09:28:36

(This could just be me who's feeling out of sorts btw - hacked off at Crap matches and just spent a few weeks trying to get to know someone who was great to chat to and a good laugh but 3 weeks in decides to let slip that yes he's 60 miles away but also doesn't have a car when I live rurally, and all my child free time is when he is busy with his life - another one bites the dust!)

MorrishBored Sat 02-Jul-16 09:30:26

Thanks... I don't mean lying as such, I more mean when you see the someine behaves and just cringe a bit because you think it's so obvious that they're putting on mannerisms etc? Perhaps it's my age: I'm early twenties and I do think a lot of people at this age are still trying to figure things out! Annoying!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now