to be upset with my neighbour.

(18 Posts)
Feelingsolow12345 Fri 01-Jul-16 20:02:21

my ds has got this nasty cold what's going round and to top it off he's teething. he's screaming as he's all blocked up and in pain. he's finally stopped crying but has been crying since half 6. my neighbour banged on the wall half hour ago telling me "to shut that baby up"

I don't know how to take it. am I in the wrong cause I couldn't calm my son down or are my neighbours rude.

monkeysox Fri 01-Jul-16 20:03:30

Neighbours are fuckers. Poor baby flowers

nc060 Fri 01-Jul-16 20:04:36

Your neighbour is very rude! It is annoying hearing your neighbours baby or not but that's what happens when you live in flats or connected houses! PLUS to be fair my wee boy has been known to cry for longer than that, that's what babies do!! Hope he's OK and gets a wee bit of rest tonight X

Feelingsolow12345 Fri 01-Jul-16 20:08:17

thing is though they also have a toddler who stomps up the stairs and I've never moaned as it's what children do.

he's getting there but he's waking up every hour or so. bless him. thank you for asking x

Feelingsolow12345 Fri 01-Jul-16 20:36:16

now I don't know if it's a coincidence but they've turned up either their TV or music quite loud.

MrsFarm Fri 01-Jul-16 20:45:33

They are dick heads. How bloody rude. Hope baby is okay sad

MunchMunch Fri 01-Jul-16 20:48:33

Arseholes!

Every time their Dc stomps about, bang on the wall shouting "shut that kid up" let them know that you can also hear them but have chosen to live with baby/toddler noise as that's what babies/toddlers do.

Karlakitten1 Fri 01-Jul-16 20:50:54

Very rude, especially with the having children so they know what it's like! If they want quiet they should be in a detached house. Don't feel guilty at all, maybe just mention that your baby was ill next time you see them. I don't like my neighbours but they came round after a bad night with their LO and apologised...they didn't need to as babies cry!

Karlakitten1 Fri 01-Jul-16 20:51:43

*them

Karlakitten1 Fri 01-Jul-16 20:53:07

Hope he's OK btw...poor little mite xx

scattychicken Fri 01-Jul-16 20:53:53

Sounds like they've got an attitude problem. Shame them by being the bigger person and not retaliating. Whilst silently calling them cockwombles and dicksplats in your head.

Masketti Fri 01-Jul-16 21:05:44

I can't imagine anyone who's a parent themselves thinking that another parent is just letting their child scream in pain and ignoring it! Yet I see it all the time on MN. Do people not have compassion thinking 'it's loud in my house but it must be horrific for the parent having their child screaming in pain in their ear'

Your neighbours are being unreasonable. No parent enjoys their child being in pain and to add neighbour worry is unnecessary.

Goingtobeawesome Fri 01-Jul-16 21:09:09

Have you tried rubbing his gums with gauze?

snowgirl29 Fri 01-Jul-16 21:14:47

Very rude of them. He's a baby! Cant be helped! Ignore and don't react to any of it. There's nothing worse than being stuck next to entitled neighbours just gunning for an argument. Don't give it them. speak from ongoing experience

OP if it makes you feel any better , my neighbour knocked on the wall and told me to shut up one night as I couldn't stop coughing (ended up in hospital a few days later!)

Hope your Ds is feeling better soon. If Ashton & Parsons (sp?) still do the granules I used to swear by them. Try your local chemists.

KissMyArse Fri 01-Jul-16 21:15:54

Have you tried rubbing his gums with gauze?

Or wrapping a few metres of it around your neighbour's mouth?

Okay377 Fri 01-Jul-16 21:36:02

I'd be very tempted to go round in my worst close and a tear stained face (a few onions if necessary but perhaps you won't need them cos they are such bastards) and passively aggressively say in tears 'my baby is poorly and he is crying because he's in pain. Can I reassure you that we would much rather he was peacefully sleeping'. What fuckers. Hope he feels better soon flowers

Okay377 Fri 01-Jul-16 21:36:17

*clothes

Feelingsolow12345 Fri 01-Jul-16 21:53:29

I've gave him calpol, tixilix for his cough, Ashton and parsons and have one of those vapour plugs to help him breath. everytime he screams, half the time he's asleep while doing it so I'm stroking his back and it seems to sooth him (he's lying on his belly with his Bum in the air).

going I never thought about doing that. I'm guessing you've tried it. how did it go?

my neighbours don't seem to be awake in the day and only from the evening onwards. the day they moved in they was up laughing till half the in the morning. who they hell does that. my DP banged the wall and shouted our son is asleep.

snow I bet your neighbours felt bad afterwards. I hope you're a lot better now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now