Talk

Advanced search

Leaving presents for teachers in school...

(6 Posts)
LolaCrapola Thu 30-Jun-16 21:50:23

One of the mums in school has taken it upon herself to organise a leaving present for one of the teachers who is leaving - I was happy to chuck in a fiver - saves me the hassle of thinking about it. If I'm really honest I wouldn't have bothered but DD has been happy in her class.

Any how she is now asking for more money to get flowers as well - AND on top of that collecting to get a present for a child who is leaving the class!

AIBU? Am I being tight? Or is a fiver enough?

VioletBam Fri 01-Jul-16 01:42:39

A fiver's enough. It's best to buy them vouchers anyway when a collection has been done...then the teacher can get something they want.

Just say Oh sorry I've not got anything spare at the moment.

And give her a couple of pounds for the child leaving.

KoalaDownUnder Fri 01-Jul-16 03:24:06

It's plenty.

People just go overboard with these things.

KoalaDownUnder Fri 01-Jul-16 03:31:03

Also, I think this way of collecting is a bit rude.

I prefer the 'put as much as you want into a communal envelope, anonymously' method.

Less pressure, less presumption about other people's finances.

LolaCrapola Fri 01-Jul-16 19:14:09

Well what bothered me was that she started a group on Facebook and added the parents so it's all public - she bought a spa day that cos £150 for the teacher which I think is more than enough!

Perhaps I'm being miserable ....but some people just don't have money to spare...

KC225 Fri 01-Jul-16 19:29:39

Fiver is more than enough. I think £150 for a spa day us a bit over the top, seriously I don't think you need flowers on top of that as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now