Talk

Advanced search

Totally Bizarre Thing Happened

(11 Posts)

Been out shopping with DP today, just about to get on bus at bus station and this woman runs up, asked me if it was such and such a bus, I said it was and she said, "I timed that just right!" Then she kind of wedges herself between me and DP, who I was clearly with as he'd just been for a drink and handed me the change over saying "There's your change", insisted I get on first even though I gestured for her to get on, got on after me, totally ignoring DP then sat down right next to me! DP had to sit behind us! Then she told me all about her holidays, showed me some photos on her phone then sat and played Candy Crush for a while! At one point DP tapped me on the shoulder and asked if I was ok, she then nudged me and jerked her head in his direction, saying to me "Are you ok" in a "he wants to know" kind of way. There's no mistaking we were together! Then she got off half an hour later saying goodbye to me, again totally ignoring DP who was at this point holding my hand over my shoulder.
Anybody had a more bizarre day?! grin

Argh!! Just noticed this is AIBU, meant for Chat

Cel982 Thu 30-Jun-16 18:28:26

grin Did she think you were someone else?

sonlypuppyfat Thu 30-Jun-16 18:31:59

Do you think she thought she knew you. There's a woman I know who chats away to me asks about the kids etc, I haven't a clue who she is

Ezzie29 Thu 30-Jun-16 18:33:13

I wonder if she got home, thought about and then just suddenly thought SHIT I DO NOT KNOW THAT WOMAN
so random and I would be the same, just deal with it instead of pointing out that I was actually with someone

DP text me from the seat behind asking if I know her, never seen her before in my life! Ha, maybe I have one of those familiar looking faces!
grin @ sonly

MajesticSeaFlapFlap Thu 30-Jun-16 18:40:37

Love it

emotionsecho Thu 30-Jun-16 18:45:50

That is bizarre, OP, especially her reaction to your dpgrin. Experiences like this do brighten the day and affirm the old adage 'nowt as funny as folk'.

I wonder how she will react if you see her again.

Rosae Thu 30-Jun-16 18:55:10

I had this happen to me once then had an awkward moment when I was looking out the window and she kept saying the name ' Claire, Claire? ' and I didn't realise she meant me till she tapped me on the arm. I then had to explain that I didn't answer cos my name is Ros. Queue her being confused and saying you aren't Claire from xxx? She then was so embarrassed she cried and I ended up going to coffee with her! Oddly she showed me a picture of ' Claire' on fb and I looked nothing like her, different hair and eye colour, I'm chubby and she was skinny and about a foot difference in height!
She asked to swap numbers and I said I would find her on fb as I'd seen her name and picture. I didn't.... Still feel a bit guilty about that now.

minatiae Thu 30-Jun-16 21:46:52

definitely thought she knew you, later she's going to see the person she thought you were and realise!

x2boys Thu 30-Jun-16 22:00:05

I have a women who says gpod morning to me every morning on tje school run nothing wrong with that but this morning she waved from across the road and said hello it did occur to me that maybe she thinks she knows me because she will stop having a conversation sometimes with whoever shes talking to just to say good morning to me i always smile and say good morning back .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now