Talk

Advanced search

To be offended by being likened to Roxie Mitchell?

(34 Posts)
CatThiefKeith Thu 30-Jun-16 15:19:04

For the last couple of years or so since I've got a bit chunky a few people have mentioned I reminded them of Roxy Mitchell.

Not being an Eastenders fan I wasn't too concerned. I rather stupidly assumed it was a compliment. blush

An old friend that I haven't seen in about 20 years called in today, and helpfully has shown me some YouTube clips of Roxy in action.

Fuck. That is so not how I see myself deluded, clearly. I'm mortified!

Tell me I'm not the only 40 something saddo that sees someone completely different to the rest of the world when she looks in the mirror?

CatThiefKeith Thu 30-Jun-16 15:52:36

Even worse, I've just remembered that many years ago I was sometimes compared to a young Jodie Foster.

I've become what my mum would call 'blousy' rough haven't I? blush

MaisieDotes Thu 30-Jun-16 15:54:38

I think Roxy's quite cool?

Although I haven't watched EE in about 5 years.

ShowOfHands Thu 30-Jun-16 15:55:13

No idea who she is. I will google. My friends told me last week that I'm just like Sandi Toksvig. I was flattered tbh .

ButtonBoo Thu 30-Jun-16 15:55:50

That's not too bad tbh. I'm Kym Marsh from Hearsay. Now that's bad confused

MaisieDotes Thu 30-Jun-16 15:58:37

What does "blousy" mean anyway? Does it mean big boobs? I've never really got that.

People used to say I reminded them of Nicole Kidman but the Nicole comparisons have dried up quite a lot over the last couple of years. Can't think why.

<eyes DC2&3>

WorraLiberty Thu 30-Jun-16 15:59:59

Imagine how Roxy Mitchell feels grin

Iamthegreatest1 Thu 30-Jun-16 16:04:05

I've just googled Roxy Mictchell. What's wrong with her? She looks very nice, good looking etc but I don't watch eastenders so probably missing OP's point.

CatThiefKeith Thu 30-Jun-16 16:10:23

this is apparently how everyone sees me. Only in the last couple of years though. Before that nobody ever mentioned a likeness.

Either my accent, the fact I swear too much, or the fact I've put in a few pounds. Although Roxy looks much slimmer than me so that's probably coincidence.

Pretty sure it has nothing to do with big boobs. I don't have them. You know when Diana Dors got older, put on weight and started doing Carry On films? That's when my gran said she'd gone 'blousy'.

CatThiefKeith Thu 30-Jun-16 16:11:05

I don't look that much like her.

NewStartNewName Thu 30-Jun-16 16:14:43

Rita Simon who plays Roxy is tiny!! So many worse people to be compared to visually.

If it's not a visual comparison then not so good!

WorraLiberty Thu 30-Jun-16 16:15:28

Hold on I'm confused now.

Why didn't you ask them what they meant?

RainIsAGoodThing Thu 30-Jun-16 16:16:02

I think Roxy is pretty. Especially now with her long bob.

Birdsgottafly Thu 30-Jun-16 16:17:42

Roxy Mitchell isn't in the least bit 'Blousy'.

She's rough, has ridiculous taste in men and is a poor excuse of a Mother, but she's got a good figure and used to dress well.

I'm biased, though, looks wise I was a combination of the Mitchell sisters and Kate Moss, up until my early 40's.

CatThiefKeith Thu 30-Jun-16 16:19:04

Because I wasn't really sure who she was Worra. 😳

I don't look like her much maybe her fatter older sister so I can only assume everyone thinks I'm a slightly thick gobby cow with bleached blonde hair and dubious taste in men!

RudeElf Thu 30-Jun-16 16:20:17

If its only her looks then youve nothing to worry about. If its her cokehead, child neglecting personality then i'd take some time to reasses your life choice grin

CatThiefKeith Thu 30-Jun-16 16:20:39

Birds I think we've already established its probably not looks based so you're not really helping! grin

CatThiefKeith Thu 30-Jun-16 16:22:06

I'm not a Coke head and I don't neglect dd. At least I don't think I do. She was fine last time I looked. yesterday

NuggetofPurestGreen Thu 30-Jun-16 16:23:09

That's not Roxy's best look to be fair. She's very pretty.

UmbongoUnchained Thu 30-Jun-16 16:24:10

That's ok my bestfriend still calls me "Nessa" from Gavin and Stacey. Not looks wise, I'm a size 8 and Asian, but he said it's the way I phrase things my loose morals remind him very much of her grin

I can totally see it too.

honeybuffe Thu 30-Jun-16 16:40:23

Last time I watched EE Alfie was married to Kat misses point of thread

Hmm I would rather be Roxy Mitchell than Dawn French confused but hey ho, at least I have a sense of humour like hers as well as looking like her. not joking either, I knew her mum and even she said I reminded her of Dawn <sigh>

CatThiefKeith Thu 30-Jun-16 17:05:59

Dawn French is lovely.

TobleroneBoo Thu 30-Jun-16 17:07:27

Last week I got told by my bus driver that I reminded him of Bridget Jones. Had never seen him before - not sure if that's a compliment or not

PastaLaFeasta Thu 30-Jun-16 17:11:11

I'm sure I saw her in a real life documentary and she was much better and more normal as you'd expect - I don't watch EE but remember she's a bit rough and ready. Perhaps it's more that you have a bit of a facial resemblance but overall nothing alike. Sometimes people have a look of someone without being a doppelgänger.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now