to bite my tongue, or should I say something?

(3 Posts)
cjt110 Thu 30-Jun-16 11:15:32

Hi all,

I posted an earlier thread a few days ago here. Colleague is now back at work. He's tried to make chat with me and I've just been quiet, not rude, but certainly not warm. He's been here since 830am and he hasn't apologised to me. He has been called into the GM's office - could be totally unconnected.

I am so angry at his behaviour and want to say to him, calmly, that I do not appreciate being slagged off behind my back to a colleague and friend and should he have any issues to come to me first. But then part of me thinks whats the point? WWYD?

whatamockerywemake Thu 30-Jun-16 11:47:34

Wow!

I think you SHOULD say something, because you'll be proud of yourself for being assertive. Make sure it's polite, measured, reasonable and calm. MN will help you - they're brilliant for that.

This probably isn't v good, and I'm sure others will suggest better, but how about "I would appreciate it if you would discuss any concerns with me to my face first, before you speak to others. Especially has you had misunderstood the situation in this case". (although the childish voice in my head is shouting "you ain't the boss of me!!!!"

cjt110 Thu 30-Jun-16 12:49:30

I have spoken with my boss who has advised I email the GM saying did he get a chance to have a word and if so what was the outcome. My boss has said that if the outcome is not acceptable, then he will get involved and help me further. My boss doesnt work Mon and Fri and as the issue happened on a Monday (and I was livid) I went to my Gm about it instead.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now