Talk

Advanced search

Left out by family. AIBU to be upset?

(11 Posts)
Mozismyhero Wed 29-Jun-16 21:39:19

So, my mum, sister and I do loads together. See each other all the time etc etc. Go on holiday (weekends away - think caravan park cheap and cheerful) at least once a year with my DS and DN.

I also go away with my DH, DS and parents each summer. Sister doesn't come. Never been an issue.

Mum has just told me that her and my sister have booked a weekend away without asking me. I feel really hurt. They didn't think I would want to go (why? Too close to our holiday maybe?) and so just booked without asking me to come.

I know they have every right to do that but I am really upset that they have booked it. And sad that my DS will miss out on a weekend away that I know he would have loved.

AIBU to feel hurt by this?

feelingmiffed Wed 29-Jun-16 21:42:15

Why does your sister not come on your holiday with your parents?

nannylife Wed 29-Jun-16 21:42:17

hmm it is a bit shit that they didn't ask you. But you do get a holiday with your parents every year. Perhaps she wanted quality time with your parents too?
I have 2 brothers and my parents do things with us all together, separately or with only 2 of us. None of us get offended. Life just works like that. I like my 1 to 1 time with my parents.

Penfold007 Wed 29-Jun-16 21:46:50

You get your mum to yourself so maybe she thought it would be nice for your sister to have the same

MollyTwo Wed 29-Jun-16 21:48:16

Yabu surely it's healthy for your parents to have one on one time with each of their children. Your ds will cope with missing out on one holiday. Maybe your dm just wanted time with your dn and dsis alone.

Rainbowqueeen Wed 29-Jun-16 21:48:39

I'm assuming from the info in your Op that your sister doesn't have kids and that you can't get away for a weekend with your family without taking your kids.

So maybe your sister and mum want a kid free weekend and given you already do holidays with your mum without your sister they didn't think you would mind??

Mozismyhero Wed 29-Jun-16 21:52:49

We both have kids the same age. My mum and sis have just got back from a week away.

RubbleBubble00 Wed 29-Jun-16 21:56:51

I think perhaps your mums trying to be fair. She has time away with your family so it's fair she has the same with your sisters family

DeathStare Wed 29-Jun-16 21:58:47

You you go away every year with your parents without asking you sister. Your sister is never upset.

Now your sister has gone away with your mum without asking you. And you are upset.

Sorry but you are being unreasonable.

Mozismyhero Wed 29-Jun-16 21:59:00

Ok, fair enough. I'll stop being a moody!

ZippyNeedsFeeding Wed 29-Jun-16 22:17:01

If your relationship with both of them is otherwise okay then I'd let it slide.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now