Talk

Advanced search

To reject the email proposal I've just received........

(25 Posts)
cozietoesie Tue 28-Jun-16 23:17:18

.......because I'm only being offered 40% of the $11 million available? Surely I'm worth more than that proportion? grin

Catzpyjamas Tue 28-Jun-16 23:18:21

Hold out for 60% grin

EatShitDerek Tue 28-Jun-16 23:20:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

dudsville Tue 28-Jun-16 23:42:19

I never get asked, sigh...

Flacidunicorn Tue 28-Jun-16 23:44:19

My dad used to get what he called 'circulars', they told him he'd on money and such. He used to write back to them and tell them to tke the fees off of what he's won and send the rest, they never wrote back to him.

cozietoesie Tue 28-Jun-16 23:51:13

I hadn't been asked for ages, dudsville. I thought they'd stopped sending the things round.

FuckingMother Tue 28-Jun-16 23:52:24

Fucks sake. Big red flag. He isn't ever going to see you as an equal.

Maybe some therapy to identify why you have attracted such a financial abuser?

FuckingMother Tue 28-Jun-16 23:54:19

Hang on, I never get offered money. 😡
"Sexy Molly" wants to be my email friend sometimes. I don't like braggarts though so not interested. <shrug>

cozietoesie Tue 28-Jun-16 23:55:29

I stand abashed. 😀 You're entirely right - I should be looking at myself more!

ellenanora5 Wed 29-Jun-16 00:06:06

My bank has eleventytwelve million waiting for me, all I have to do is click on the link and then submit my bank details, eh I think they already have have them don't they, ah sure I'll click just incase they don't.

Tesco are just waiting to give me 500 as are boots, aldi and lidl, I'm minted I don't need it, who wants it, first come first served, just send me your bank details, you know yabu not too

cozietoesie, yanbu, hold out for the next email, you will be offered more, the first email is just to see how gullible interested you are.

sleeponeday Wed 29-Jun-16 00:16:37

It's been years now since someone offered to enlarge my penis. It's a creeping sign of middle age, isn't it? I just don't attract the same kind of spammers. sad

OlennasWimple Wed 29-Jun-16 00:37:10

There are hot Hungarian girls wanting to sleep with me right now, apparently

And last week the UN themselves asked me to help a poor chap in Nigeria who was trying to give money to his grandma but then she died and I'm her closest living relative!!

JudyCoolibar Wed 29-Jun-16 00:43:22

I had ever such a kind email identifying me as someone who had apparently previously fallen for a scam. They told me that they had caught some scammers and recovered millions of pounds, and it was only right that someone like me should benefit from this. I don't see any problem in sending them my bank details to facilitate this, obviously there is no possibility that they think that someone who has fallen for a scam once is dim enough to do so again.

sofasetteecouch Wed 29-Jun-16 00:54:06

My email was from a lonely man wanting to get married. He did'nt seem to mind that he knows nothing about me at all.

OutToGetYou Wed 29-Jun-16 00:57:22

Quite a few Russian women seem to want to marry me so they can offer me services. If these are things like cooking and ironing I think I might get two or three of them!

BananaInPyjama Wed 29-Jun-16 01:24:09

I got an email from HSBC UK (I'm in Aus) telling me to click a link to update my bank account details.

I was so disappointed I had no details to enter, I rushed off and opened an online account, just to help these lovely polite people out.

justmyview Wed 29-Jun-16 01:30:43

I was surprised to receive an email from "PauPal". I always thought it was called PayPal. Still, if it really was a scam, I guess they'd be extra careful to spell it correctly, wouldn't they?

Homebird8 Wed 29-Jun-16 01:58:12

I am such a trustworthy pair of hands that I get chosen to redistribute tens of millions into charitable works of my choosing. It feels mean not to connect the deserving with all that cash so I really must respond mustn't I?

daisychain01 Wed 29-Jun-16 03:24:27

It really restores my faith in mankind knowing there is such generosity in the world.

A truly heartwarming thread.

EarthboundMisfit Wed 29-Jun-16 06:00:31

I'd push for an extra 10%. Not worth your time otherwise. I can speak confidently on this, having done very well myself yesterday. A wealthy businessman in Japan was looking for someone who may have an ATM in their country, and was fortunate enough to think of me. I was glad to be of service, and await remuneration.

IdaDown Wed 29-Jun-16 06:34:44

Briefcases - there's an awful lot of wicked stepmothers in Nigeria and lots of briefcases containing details of cash left by the deceased father.

00100001 Wed 29-Jun-16 06:56:45

Did anyone else come on here thinking her DP had asked her to marry them via email??

grin

Ememem84 Wed 29-Jun-16 07:12:25

I got offered a job in the UN this morning. By ban-ki moon himself. Salary of £100 gazillion dollars. All I have to do is send my cv and bank details.

I knew it would be my turn at something like this soon, although had hoped I'd be the new spice girl

londonrach Wed 29-Jun-16 07:12:39

Some female is being unfaithful to me and i need to click on the link to see why....didnt know dh was female. On top of that i have russian and asian ladies who cant wait to meet me and love my profile. Love to know where my profile is and surely they know im female from that profile. Sadly i no longer seem to have offers of so many billion in exchnge for £1000! Missing out here!!!

cozietoesie Wed 29-Jun-16 13:24:30

People seem to still be caught by some of the more subtle ones. It's depressing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now