Talk

Advanced search

To tell off DS's mate?

(6 Posts)
iknowimcoming Tue 28-Jun-16 16:15:57

And should I let his mum know?

Ds and pal are 14, tonight Ds rang me to ask if pal could come home with us so they can play computer games do homework, I said yes. Was waiting for them in car (5 mins away from school) when I spotted them walking alongside main road, and pal did that highly amusing thing of grabbing and shoving my Ds towards the road as a car passed them (I know he's not the only one to do it btw) Ds is much smaller than pal although didn't seem bothered. When they got to car I said hi and then time for serious mother chat, and asked him how distracting he felt that would be for the driver of the car passing them at that moment and also how he would feel if that car had performed an emergency stop and then been hit up the backside by the car behind and what if someone had got hurt? He looked sheepish and said sorry it was stupid. I didn't raise my voice and as soon as I had finished said right let's move on, how was your day and they are now upstairs as normal. WIBU? And should I let his mum know what happened and that I had a moan at him or not?

DrSeuss Tue 28-Jun-16 16:17:50

If my son behaved like that, I would expect you to tell him off. That response was pretty mild. Some parents would object but some parents are idiots!

ThornyBird Tue 28-Jun-16 16:19:43

I think you've acted as I would hope to react, it's dealt with and there is no need to go any further with it smile

MLGs Tue 28-Jun-16 16:20:22

Sounds fine to me.

Furiosa Tue 28-Jun-16 16:20:39

YWNBU.

Classic mum burn!

I wouldn't tell his mum though. You've dealt with the situation. I bet he feels like a compete prat in himself. So all good grin

Blink1982 Tue 28-Jun-16 16:20:47

I hope when my ds is at school and out of my sight, that my friends and his friends parents, will keep him in check if he's being a sod.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now