AIBU TMI

(13 Posts)
LouBlue1507 Tue 28-Jun-16 06:42:43

Sorry posting for traffic...

I'm 37+4 weeks pregnant and a bit worried! TMI alert! ... I've been awake all night with painful diarrhoea and severe nausea (I could quite easily be sick but fighting it)... I'm not having any stomach pain so not sure if it's food poisoning (damn co op chicken) or my body getting ready for labour.

My OH has felt sick all night too which makes me think food poisoning... I haven't had any other labour signs (no plug loss, braxton hicks, don't think baby is engaged)

Any opinions/advice welcome! xx

Iggi999 Tue 28-Jun-16 06:58:32

Phone your triage number.
I haven't heardanything worrying about the symptoms you describe but at your stage if pg I am in the take-no-chances camp.
See if you can go in and gave them look you over. Maybe you need fluids or something.

MyBreadIsEggy Tue 28-Jun-16 07:01:43

Bit weird that your DH has been feeling sick too....
But I had awful diarrhoea the day before my waters broke but didn't feel sick or have stomach cramps.

LouBlue1507 Tue 28-Jun-16 07:33:15

Thanks ladies!

Oh gosh! I hope it is a sign of something and not food poisoning! Still feeling rotten and have had no sleep for 2 nights! 🤕

Oh gosh, I do sound like I'm wallowing in self pity blush 😂

Muddlewitch Tue 28-Jun-16 07:34:41

This was an early sign for me, although I'd DH if feeling sick too it's probably worth a call just to check.

AcornToOak Tue 28-Jun-16 07:43:54

Agree with the pp, I think its worth getting checked out but I wouldn't be surprised if it was your body preparing itself, my body did a full evacuation of everything just before i went into labour, wasn't pleasant but on the bright side there was no messy accidents in labour as there was nothing left inside

Iggi999 Tue 28-Jun-16 08:06:19

How are the baby's movements?

Oysterbabe Tue 28-Jun-16 08:09:58

It's probably just a bug.

EsmeraldaEllaBella Tue 28-Jun-16 08:12:37

Not a great idea to post on a forum for medical advice, the only person who can tell you is your Midwife - phone them now

Best of luck with the baby smile

MeInHoney86 Tue 28-Jun-16 08:37:57

This was me in the early stages of labour!TMI but it kept up until I started to push!

BigFatTent Tue 28-Jun-16 09:51:32

Do get checked. I had similar symptoms at 35 weeks, went to hospital, got told it was a bug even though I eventually started to have regular and severe pains, had my baby several hours later to the surprise of all but me.

zoobaby Tue 28-Jun-16 11:36:25

Phone and speak to a midwife. Keep hydrated in the meantime!

LouBlue1507 Tue 28-Jun-16 14:37:53

Hi Ladies

Thanks for your input, as you probably guess.. I passed out asleep!

I feel better now, maybe I was over exhausted! I have phoned my midwife but her phone is off, I'm sure she'll call me back later!

Thanks x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now