Bridezilla part III

(23 Posts)
PotterBot Mon 27-Jun-16 17:11:29

You may remember my previous posts about bridezilla who wanted non-bridesmaid children to wear the same outfit at our expense, and follow up post re buying my dd a minecraft dress.

We now move onto part III what I like to call'the seating plan'.

As you may recall dd has some Sen, she has ASD and add and some other issues which are a whole other thread.

This weekend I have been asked whether dd would prefer to sit with me or the kids table. I suggested as a compromise that she sit on the kids table but I am nearby in case of issues.

This however is not acceptable I'm supposed to be sitting somewhere else.

Ok I say put her next to me then.

Well what if she wants to sit with the kids, ok well put her with the kids then.

Well what 'we' don't want is her running about from table to table.

Well put her with me then, I'll have the iPad some noise cancelling headphones, she won't be any bother.

No it's a non-electronics wedding.

I get that but she won't be taking pics and uploading them to FB she is 10. Plus she doesn't give a fuck!

Oh my god, aibu to just stay at home?! it's slowly killing me. I just don't care! I really don't.

SenoritaViva Mon 27-Jun-16 17:14:25

Wtf, a non electronic wedding??? Crazy bride

iklboo Mon 27-Jun-16 17:21:33

No electronics wedding? So the photographer has an old 'flash bang wallop' camera then?

Leeds2 Mon 27-Jun-16 17:23:58

What was the point about the minecraft dress? I must have missed that!

whois Mon 27-Jun-16 17:24:36

ARGH sounds like a nightmare still!

PotterBot Mon 27-Jun-16 17:26:28

Apparently no electronics is a thing at weddings. I looked it up.

They are called unplugged weddings.

candykane25 Mon 27-Jun-16 17:30:03

You've provided the solution to stop her running around. You've done your bit.
You need to go so we can find out more.

trafalgargal Mon 27-Jun-16 17:34:59

Ha ha
I love Bridezilla threads

You have more patience than me OP

Aeroflotgirl Mon 27-Jun-16 17:36:22

Bloody hell OP, I would tell her your not going. Her attitude is awful, you have a SN child fgs, you have to do what you have to do, to get through the day. I would let your dd wear what she wants, sit where she is comfortable and do what she needs to.

PotterBot Mon 27-Jun-16 17:47:06

She doesn't get that, she is of the mind that I 'need to set firm boundaries'.

I'm quite happy to let dd go non electronics and watch the fall out. But I'm not that mean so will ignore her, and I doubt very much she is going to stand up during the reception and scream put the iPad away. It will make her a look like an even bigger twat than she already is.

Aeroflotgirl Mon 27-Jun-16 18:05:11

I have a DD with Asd and the ipad/Kindle was essential for things like this. She also has spd, so is very sensitive to clothes, so she would be wearing what she was comfortable with. Op take the I pad, take some clothes in a bag with you incase she has to change. Have her sit with you, let her go over to the kids if she wants. If she gives you grief, leave.

Biscuitbrixit Mon 27-Jun-16 18:06:39

Why are you going?

StillRunningWithScissors Mon 27-Jun-16 18:12:40

I don't think I've been to a wedding yet where people didn't move between tables in between courses etc.

I'd be tempted to bin it off. Otherwise, take what you need for your DD to be happy. It sounds like you've addressed every issue that has been brought up, the bride is just ignoring the answers and hearing what she wants.
Now, tell me more about this minecraft dress...

PotterBot Mon 27-Jun-16 18:15:42

I'm going because my dp's brother is getting married.

The minecraft dress. Hold on will show you what I've been looking at.

Biscuitbrixit Mon 27-Jun-16 18:21:41

Fair enough. Sounds like a ballache though!

RaeSkywalker Mon 27-Jun-16 18:22:39

I had an unplugged wedding- basically we wanted people to just watch the ceremony and let the photographer do his job. We decided to do this after going to a wedding where a man stood up in front of me the entire time taking photos, and I couldn't see a flipping thing during the ceremony. The rest of the wedding day we were fine with people taking photos, but asked that they weren't uploaded to social media until the next day.

I would not have been at all bothered by a 10 year old playing on an iPad- bridezilla needs to get a grip, and I would've been guided by you on what was best for your child. Why did they even ask if they were going to nit pick and dismiss your suggestions?!

Ifailed Mon 27-Jun-16 18:27:36

A children's table - is it caged? I think you know the answer to this, do something else on the day, something you and your DD can actually enjoy.

PotterBot Mon 27-Jun-16 21:28:59

I think this is what she is going for. It's very vintagey barny shit.

BeYourselfUnlessUCanBeAUnicorn Mon 27-Jun-16 21:34:31

Oh, this is still going on then. grin

Say "why the fuck are you asking where she should sit if you come up with an excuse for every single suggestion you batshit crazy bridezilla loon?" Then tell her to do one and shove her precious wedding up her arse.

Or let her do what ever she wants as she isn't going to listen and she can deal with the consequences on the day. Tough shit bridezilla.

Junosmum Mon 27-Jun-16 22:14:53

I get the 'no electronics' thing for adults - it is really annoying having your wedding photos either spoiled by the flash from others cameras and phones and having people on their phones on the non-staged pictures. But a kid? that's ridiculous!

swearymad Mon 27-Jun-16 22:43:04

OP - just have to say - I love the dress.

user1467007852 Mon 27-Jun-16 22:47:51

Is she Cheryl Cole?? Go to Alton towers or whatever you all enjoy and spend the money that was on wedding outfits/travelling etc on a lovely day out.

SenoritaViva Tue 28-Jun-16 19:18:10

I see the electronics thing now - when not being used for crazy stuff seems quite reasonable!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now