Talk

Advanced search

To ask for your ultimate dinner menu

(4 Posts)
DollyBarton Mon 27-Jun-16 13:56:05

I'm drawing a blank on a menu for some visitors tomorrow night. Unfortunately there is a conservative eater coming (FIL) who I need to cater for either by making stuff plain or making the whole meal suit him. Ideally I try to suit him as I don't want him to feel embarrassed about having a special meal. But what would be the best meal friends could put on for you in their home?

VioletBam Mon 27-Jun-16 14:05:12

Lamb. Cook it as you wish but lamb in some form or other. With potatoes in various forms and lovely fresh vegetables.

home made mini quiche for starter with a salad garnish
grilled or baked side of salmon served with new potatoes (jersey royals swimming in parsley butter) green beans with lemon juice and toasted sesame seeds sprinkled over, honey glazed carrots and parsnips, fresh peas, mini corn on cog or big corn on cob, perhaps a jug of hollandaise sauce on the side
a fruit trifle with fresh raspberries, strawberries and blueberries in the jelly, creamy custard and thick whipped cream decorated with slices of strawberries and a crumbled flake or 4
all quite simple, tasty, and looks attractive on the plate.... finish off with a cheese board, grapes, baguette and cheese biscuits, coffee and mints
just add lots of wine / port with cheese and mmmmmmm grin

Icklepickle101 Mon 27-Jun-16 14:17:42

A friend once popped over while we were having Jamie's Hit and Run chicken and we had made too much so gave her some to take home and she loved it so much she told all her friends and everyone was texting me for the recipe!!

We do it with a nice crunchy salad and crushed new potatoes (part boil, crush slightly, season with oil and salt and bake for 20-30 mins till crispy)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now