Talk

Advanced search

To think if you're going to be 2 hours late, a quick text wouldn't go amiss

(5 Posts)
voluptuagoodshag Sun 26-Jun-16 21:49:29

Ok, nothing serious but DS (11) was at a sleepover party followed by a trip to skatepark about 1 hour, 20 mins drive away. Invite said a specific time for pick up. Friend lives in same street so DS would have walked home anyway. However after he still hadn't appeared one hour after said time I started to get a little concerned. I sent a text just asking when boys were likely to be home but got no response. They finally got back 2 hours after they said they'd be home. Still no explanation or reply.
I can understand not replying to text if driving but surely the parents would have known they were going to be late even before they left to drive home and even once home, would they not have texted something about traffic being bad or whatever the delay was.

stiffstink Sun 26-Jun-16 22:21:08

Can't you just ask your son?

voluptuagoodshag Sun 26-Jun-16 22:26:00

I did. When he eventually got back. Perhaps it's just me but if I've said a specific time and then it's significantly out, I'd send a quick text to parents just to explain. And if on getting back I'd received a message from a parent asking when they were expecting to be back, I'd have certainly replied to it.
After two hours I was genuinely concerned that there may have been an accident. And no, I'm not one to worry and am generally pretty laid back

ApocalypseSlough Sun 26-Jun-16 22:29:55

I'd have been panicking, because like you, I'd have expected to be told. Did your son have a phone?

voluptuagoodshag Sun 26-Jun-16 22:31:57

He did and I texted him too but he had it switched off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now