To ask for bit of a hand-hold?

(7 Posts)
MyCatWasRightAboutYou Sun 26-Jun-16 20:41:39

I have an ENT appointment tomorrow morning.

My hearing has been bad since I was a child. Had numerous operations to put in grommets, given a hearing aid when I was in high school (which stupidly I never used).
Lately, it's been getting worse. Sometimes I can hardly hear anything, especially when I wake up in the morning or if I'm tired. People have been at the side of me trying to get my attention and I've literally not heard them until they shouted. Had them syringed and all of that.

Being hard of hearing runs in the family; my mother was very deaf in one ear. My dad has poor hearing. My aunt (on my mum's side) is also HOH on one side.

Sigh. I'm just a bit wobbly that I might be losing my hearing before I'm even 30. confused (I know that I'm very lucky; some people are born deaf.)

winewolfhowls Sun 26-Jun-16 20:46:28

My sympathies hearing loss runs in my family too. Mine too is worsening (albeit just a bit of yet) and I'm a similar age. It's very worrying.

At least you are brave enough to do something about it. Good luck with your appointment.

MyCatWasRightAboutYou Sun 26-Jun-16 21:43:01

Thank you, I appreciate it.
I'm sorry you're in the same boat. flowers

ProfessorPreciseaBug Sun 26-Jun-16 21:46:42

I have waxey ears which do get blocked up. When they are bad I can't hear anything in a loud environment like a restaurant or pub. I know how difficult it becmes to hold a convesation and be part of something.

big hugs..

Beeziekn33ze Sun 26-Jun-16 21:49:15

I hope your appointment goes well for you tomorrow 🍀

MyCatWasRightAboutYou Sun 26-Jun-16 22:31:43

Thank you both! 💖
Just hoping it's nothing too bad, I suppose.

winewolfhowls Mon 27-Jun-16 22:29:48

How did it go?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now