Talk

Advanced search

To think that, for once, Cameron has boxed clever?

(23 Posts)
DoctorTwo Sun 26-Jun-16 18:28:30

I mean, resigning off his own bat and leaving the actual negotiations to his successor. Any Tory leader who gets us out is finished as a politician, so that rules Boris and Gove out of the race. Baconface's bessie mates, and he's shat on them both. Top trolling Dave. Oh, don't get me started on Gidiot! grin

Pettywoman Sun 26-Jun-16 18:31:00

I agree, and he's bought time to sort out this mess. He did create the mess in the first place though. There was no need for a referendum.

Misnomer Sun 26-Jun-16 18:31:22

He's a prize fuckwit for selling his soul for UKIP votes at the last election, which is how this mess all came about. But yes, the next PM is definitely going to be handed a poison chalice.

Onedaftmonkey Sun 26-Jun-16 18:32:23

Hear hear. Stupid twunt to do it in the first place.

Freshprincess Sun 26-Jun-16 18:34:05

Not really, should never have gambled on a referendum in the first place.

Crunchymum Sun 26-Jun-16 18:55:36

He caused the damn referendum in the first place and then jumped ship when he lost. Not very admirable or decent behaviour is it? Shows his true mettle I guess.

Brandonstarkflakes Sun 26-Jun-16 18:59:29

Someone wrote a comment on the Guardian about this which has been shared everywhere.

indy100.independent.co.uk/article/people-are-really-really-hoping-this-theory-about-david-cameron-and-brexit-is-true--bJhqBql0VZ

In a weird sick way I kind of admire Cameron, it seems he has played the others like a fiddle!

iisme Sun 26-Jun-16 19:03:07

Wise to leave now, but his historical legacy will be poison. Even though he won't have to be the one to press the button, he is the one responsible for dragging Britain out of the EU and into obscurity, and it won't be forgotten. Potentially his successor will be viewed with some sympathy as doing their best in an impossible situation (depending on how well they actually do ...)

WallisSimpson11 Sun 26-Jun-16 19:04:40

Voting Tory will cause your wife to have bigger breasts and increase your chances of owning a BMW M3.
Spoken by that blonde bufoon Boris Johnson!

allthatnonsense Sun 26-Jun-16 19:05:54

This is his fault - his arrogance and his complacency.
I hope that this keeps him awake st night for the rest of his life.

NickiFury Sun 26-Jun-16 19:06:23

I used to despise him but admit to a grudging respect for him now. Cleverly done.

SpudTato Sun 26-Jun-16 19:20:06

Not respect. This dreadful situation is the result of his appeasement of the back benches. I can only hope that the article is true and the emerging catastrophe means that no one will invoke article 50.
I don't think the EU will tolerate this. They want certainty, and to make an example of us.

justbogoff Sun 26-Jun-16 19:27:44

He's left them to it. Not great behaviour, but totally understandable in the circumstances.

Floisme Sun 26-Jun-16 19:34:35

How can you possibly respect him or think he's clever? He and he alone is responsible for this fuckage.

StillStayingClassySanDiego Sun 26-Jun-16 19:41:20

Cameron has always been guilty of poor judgement.

He gave it the big 'vote for me I'll help you' and look what's happened .

Karma= Twat.

StillStayingClassySanDiego Sun 26-Jun-16 19:45:52

I know it's not really Karma but 'what goes around comes around'.

Sunnymeg Sun 26-Jun-16 19:46:33

I think he has been caught out big time. What I don't understand is why we are all watching the government flapping around without a clue about what happens next. Surely they should have had civil servants working on a theoretical exit strategy the moment the referendum was announced. I was fully expecting a press briefing on Friday morning, detailing what would be happening in the next few days and weeks. I am convinced that a lot of the remain voters would have been calmer about the result, if this had happened. Obviously it would have helped the business world as well to know what is happening. Instead it looks as if he was so sure that he would win, that any plan has merely been jotted down on the back of an envelope. I think this will become more of an issue as time goes by. To have no plan b, can or d drawn up is appalling. His lasting legacy will be of a man who was found wanting when it really mattered.

GhostofFrankGrimes Sun 26-Jun-16 19:47:48

He is a shit house.

There is now a political and economic vacuum in this country.

Tories can't even blame the impending economic melt down on the last Labour government now.

Floisme Sun 26-Jun-16 19:51:34

The only person who was straight out of the traps was Nicola Sturgeon.
Why?

WallisSimpson11 Sun 26-Jun-16 20:03:22

Anyone thinks perhaps there is some kind of 'workings' between him and the EU chaps?

GhostofFrankGrimes Sun 26-Jun-16 20:10:40

Anyone thinks perhaps there is some kind of 'workings' between him and the EU chaps?

Nope he's toast. He's just left a giant turd on downing street steps for Boris to step in.

RepentAtLeisure Sun 26-Jun-16 20:33:00

No, it doesn't rule Boris out. This is his shot. It's not like he can decline now and try again in future, he'll lose his 'Leave' fanbase. They want him to handle the EU exit. And he has an ego and a half, I'm sure he thinks he can turn his haters around with a few pithy puns and flicks of his hair. And he's probably right.

Floisme Sun 26-Jun-16 20:50:43

Johnson wouldn't be going on some kind of charm offensive where he can flirt and joke his way out of the mess he's helped create. He would be responsible for extracting the best possible deal and I imagine it will all be about the most mind and arse numbing details. I'm hard pressed to think of anyone less suitable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now