To worry about it taking 2 years to Brexit.

(3 Posts)
TheoriginalLEM Sun 26-Jun-16 11:42:55

I am devastated we are leaving but like the end of any relationship i feel we need a clean and fast break.

I daresay the markets will stabilise over the coming weeks but if it takes two years to extricate ourselves from the EU we are going to be a pretty unsure bet economically during that time?

I think Cameron is a coward to walk away and leave us with the shit storm he created just to win ukip voters. If he is going to crawl under a rock then let him fuck off now and let someone else start negotiations but the thought of boris Johnson leaves me very afraid indeed.

Im trying to look for positives but i am struggling

StealthPolarBear Sun 26-Jun-16 11:46:38

Well have our curved bananas back?
Like you I am struggling to see the positives. I am usually a very optimistic person. If a general election doesn't go your way you have the comfort that it's for a set number of years.
I'm wondering (and I feel a bit bad thinking this) that if he eu does break up (no idea how likely that is) that would be good for us as we'd all be back to square one rather than there being a union ee have no part of.
Please no world war before we start again though. Our progreys has been set back.

TheoriginalLEM Sun 26-Jun-16 11:51:26

Stealth i made a bendy banana comment on another thread grin

The fishermen are happy with thank you notes all over the harbour but i am not sure they will get the result they want and or we will face an over-fishing issue.

i do realise there is a lot to sort out but two years? are we still going to have a say iver the next two years?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now