To think people shouldn't play Peppa fucking Pig on loud in a cafe?

(77 Posts)
WobbleYourHead Sun 26-Jun-16 11:21:05

I'm a mum to 3 (2 of whom have gone to church with Grandma and 1 who I've brought to attend a farm trip with Rainbows).

I've stayed in the cafe as it's rare that I get time alone so an enjoying an uninterrupted breakfast.

It's a family farm so naturally I expected there to be kids around. The cafe has 7 free tables yes I counted and they choose to sit on the one right next to me, fair enough, but they didn't need to.

Now they have Peppa Pig playing out loud on a phone.

WIBU to launch the pig into space?!

misskatamari Sun 26-Jun-16 11:22:19

Yanbu. They should definitely turn the volume to low if out and aboit

cansu Sun 26-Jun-16 11:23:04

Get over it. You are in a cafe that caters to families on days out.

PeterandJudithSurname Sun 26-Jun-16 11:23:33

Yanbu

Itriedtodohandstandsforyou Sun 26-Jun-16 11:24:32

I would prob flounce off move to another table.

DerelictMyBalls Sun 26-Jun-16 11:25:04

YANBU, it's blatant disregard for other people.

I was on a plane once and the kid behind me was watching High School Musical with the sound up. It's shocking how people let their kids grow up with no consideration for others.

Headphones are widely available and not expensive.

WordGetsAround Sun 26-Jun-16 11:25:24

YANBU!

NarkyKnockers Sun 26-Jun-16 11:25:27

Move tables?

EdmundCleverClogs Sun 26-Jun-16 11:25:52

Yanbu. Bloody Peppa Pig, unless it's an episode making bacon sandwiches....

OnceMoreIntoTheBleach Sun 26-Jun-16 11:26:26

YANBU peppa pig is one hell of an earworm. V annoying to then be stuck with it all day.

WobbleYourHead Sun 26-Jun-16 11:26:29

Cansu kids chatting, laughing, playing and I'd dare say even crying I wouldn't have an issue with. I accept I'm in a family oriented place. There's still no need for the pig.

FeckinCrutches Sun 26-Jun-16 11:26:39

Ask them to turn it down?

WobbleYourHead Sun 26-Jun-16 11:28:13

I've considered moving tables but it would be blatantly obvious why I did and I'm a wuss.

LilQueenie Sun 26-Jun-16 11:29:17

Yanbu no mater what was playing the need to respect others around them in regards to volume. On another note it would wind me up more to hear it pronounced as 'Pepper Pig'. hmm

WobbleYourHead Sun 26-Jun-16 11:29:50

Feckin I thought they might turn it off when their food arrived. They didn't. hmm

LilQueenie Sun 26-Jun-16 11:30:08

*matter I mean.

MidniteScribbler Sun 26-Jun-16 11:32:26

I'd buy a bacon roll and point out to their children that once the peppa episode was over that she was killed at turned in to the bacon in your sandwich.

Well probably not, but I would get up and move and give them my patented death stare and point out that there were other people in the cafe who weren't interested in peppa bloody pig. Rude twats.

Pinkheart5915 Sun 26-Jun-16 11:34:43

Yanbu. Why go people think every other paying customer wants to hear peppa pig it's just rude

Nanunanu Sun 26-Jun-16 11:35:14

Would it matter if they knew why you moved tables?

Currently they (presumably) don't think they are doing anything wrong. You don't need to have a barny. Just move.

Fume less. Act more. Relax more

Xmasbaby11 Sun 26-Jun-16 11:35:53

I think you're being over sensitive.

yaaasqueen Sun 26-Jun-16 11:37:44

God I hate this kiddie headphones are available at b&m stores all over the country for about 3 quid BUY SOME OR DISTRACT YOUR CHILD BY INTERACTING WITH IT FOR A CHANFE. A friend of mine works in a mid-ranfe family friendly Italian restaurant family owned type place and they've decided not to get those kids menu sheet things that have puzzles and colouring on printed anymore because no kids actually want to do it b/c most parents bring a tablet which the kids play on whilst they wait, and most carry on using g whilst they eat too

littleducks Sun 26-Jun-16 11:38:13

I had this in pizza express. Lunchtime midweek at 12 so very quiet and the free parties there had kids.

I entertained my 2 year old with books looking out the window and crayons. Woman arrives with toddler and plays peppa pig episodes back to back. Could hear every flipping word.

I also didn't say anything but inwardly seethed. I sometimes resort to the Lego hand or videos on my phone. But i put it on silent and they just watch with no noise as i can't trust them with headphones.

yaaasqueen Sun 26-Jun-16 11:38:30

Sorry my g 's have become f's

FeckinCrutches Sun 26-Jun-16 11:38:32

I don't understand why people moan about stuff but then don't do anything about it.

Either move tables (why do you give a fuck what they think!)

Or politely ask them to turn it down.

cosmicglittergirl Sun 26-Jun-16 11:41:10

YANBU
I'd be quoting alone with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now