Talk

Advanced search

To wonder why UKIP don't disband now

(7 Posts)
kitnkaboodle Sun 26-Jun-16 09:10:38

They were formed expressly to campaign for Brexit. A one-policy party. Now they've got that aim. Genuinely wondering .. (have they got a lot of MEPs?)

BurnTheBlackSuit Sun 26-Jun-16 09:11:31

Please, please can the disband

Chrysanthemum5 Sun 26-Jun-16 09:14:18

The thing that puzzles me is that 19 out of 20 UKIP voters (according to the bbc) voted to leave. Why did the others vote to stay? Wasn't that the whole point of their party? confusedgrin

Anyway I guess they won't disband until we actually leave

PizzaPower Sun 26-Jun-16 11:15:46

While I don't agree and side with (many but not all) of UKIP's stance, they are still a legitimate political party in the UK.

Government is not just MEP's, or MP's they also have a substantial number of local council representatives throughout the country, all fairly elected.

Some of their other policies (a two minute Google) show they want at a local level reduction in Council Exec salaries and numbers, and increase in front line staff. Also elsewhere in the manifesto there is support for improvement in road repairs and a position on HS2.

As I said not my cup of tea in much of their stance, but "While I disagree with what you say, I will defend to the death your right to say it".

Personally I'm more worried about the trend of isn't democracy great as long as it's the result I want. If UKIP become irrelevant then it should happen naturally and the support will slip away, however only time will tell.

RafaIsTheKingOfClay Sun 26-Jun-16 11:19:45

The last UKIP manifesto was a brilliantly put together piece of PR bullshit. There was something to attract absolutely everyone in there. They didn't mean half of it and don't have to because they have no chance of being in power.

I wouldn't take what's in it as being their policies.

DerelictMyBalls Sun 26-Jun-16 11:28:47

Because Farage now thinks he is in there with the big boys, poor deluded fucker.

branofthemist Sun 26-Jun-16 11:58:26

I would like them to, but we aren't actually out yet. So would imagine try won't

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now