Talk

Advanced search

For feeling so p*ssed off with DH!

(33 Posts)
hereharehere33 Sun 26-Jun-16 08:40:49

Hubby's gone back to his home town this weekend to see godparents who are poorly. He's taken our oldest DS (4yrs old). I've stayed at home with our youngest as we have animals to look after. Anyway, I called him yesterday morning, but other than that I heard nothing. I wanted to speak to DS before bed. After calling/texting, I got a short text at 9pm saying all ok and he'll try and call later. Nothing since. Its soo frustrating. He's obviously gone out, which is completely fine -his mum will be looking after DS - but why can't he just pop out of the pub for a second to call and let me know how everyone is. I've been worried about his godparents too. Its like he just can't find the time....?! Anyway, still nothing this morning and I'm feeling increasing grumpy!! Every time he goes away separately, it as if he forgets about me. AIBU??!

PotteringAlong Sun 26-Jun-16 08:42:21

Yes.,you've spoken to him and had a text, he's not fallen into the abyss

DeathStare Sun 26-Jun-16 08:42:57

So you've been away from him for 36 hours, spoken once on the phone and exchanged texts. I think YABU sorry

sooperdooper Sun 26-Jun-16 08:44:33

I don't think it's a big deal, another time if you really want to speak hi DS before bed you need to tell him that before he goes, he's not missing or anything, chill out smile

dalmatianmad Sun 26-Jun-16 08:45:29

I can't see what the issue is? He's clearly not fallen off the face of the earth, try and chill out and enjoy your day, they're obviously all ok else you would have heard...

hereharehere33 Sun 26-Jun-16 08:47:50

Thanks guys...you've calmed me down and probably stopped me from getting grumpy on the phone later!!

TestingTestingWonTooFree Sun 26-Jun-16 08:49:38

If DS was nagging to speak to you I expect he would have sorted it out.

FeckinCrutches Sun 26-Jun-16 08:54:27

Why don't you ring his Mum if you wanted to speak to DS?

hereharehere33 Sun 26-Jun-16 09:06:46

I did try calling him mum but there was no answer either. Its all fine - realised I'm overreacting - thanks for making me see sense! Probably just more grumpy as I've had to stay at home and cook and clean!

Next time I go out with the girls, I'll remember not to contact him!! ;)

Chocolatefudgecake100 Sun 26-Jun-16 09:14:51

Yanbu id be annoyed too

JoJoSM2 Sun 26-Jun-16 09:18:18

I'd be annoyed if he texted to say he'd call later and then didn't bother. If you want to speak to DS, don't the godparents have a landline or mobile you could call?

legotits Sun 26-Jun-16 09:18:49

In ten years you will be praying for that phone to be silent grin

Aye YABU he has been in touch.
Enjoy a bit of quiet time smile

DelphiniumBlue Sun 26-Jun-16 09:23:22

You contact him while you're out? What for?
I am old so grew up without mobile phones, but find it hard to imagine why you would contact your partner while you are out for the evening ( if not to ask for a lift home!). What do you say?

hereharehere33 Sun 26-Jun-16 09:27:28

Ha, yes, I think I'm already reaching that point legotits I'm not missing him but just wanted to know all was ok.

I hope he's enjoying his hangover and the long drive back with our DS! ;)

Pearlman Sun 26-Jun-16 09:30:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pictish Sun 26-Jun-16 09:31:38

Yabu...and a bit overbearing too. I'd hate it if I went somewhere with one of the kids and dh behaved like you have. He called you and you've had texts. That is sufficient contact for anyone.

WordGetsAround Sun 26-Jun-16 09:31:46

If you have very fixed expectations of communication while he's away, you really must tell him so he knows too.

hereharehere33 Sun 26-Jun-16 09:33:31

Yeah, I've always text/call him to let him know that I'm back at home DelphiniumBlue but only when we're staying away for the night...not if I'm coming back home (obviously that would be unnecessary!)

pictish Sun 26-Jun-16 09:33:36

Yes I agree. It wouldn't occur to me to upkeep such an intense level of contact so I'd need prior warning of it.

FeckinCrutches Sun 26-Jun-16 09:39:50

I wouldn't be fussed about the phone, I'd be annoyed if he had a hangover and was driving with our child in the car though!

hereharehere33 Sun 26-Jun-16 09:41:35

I wouldn't say it was particularly intense - I just wanted to know how everyone was. He said he would call to let me know. I haven't behaved in anyway yet, as haven't spoken to him.

DelphiniumBlue Sun 26-Jun-16 09:45:33

If his mum is looking after DS, maybe he's having a lie- in. Sounds like your usual mode of communication is to be in regular contact, so I can see why you'd be a little grumpy not to have heard.

Bluetrews25 Sun 26-Jun-16 09:46:17

YABU
He can manage without you! I know that's disappointing, in some ways, but really, it's good!

Bluetrews25 Sun 26-Jun-16 09:47:36

And if there were any news, he would tell you!

hereharehere33 Sun 26-Jun-16 09:53:23

Yes, I know we can manage to be apart! And that is definitely a very good thing.

Its more that we have both been very worried about his godparents, one of whom has only been given a short amount of time left. Trying to get a straight answer from them over the phone on how they really are has been difficult. Due to the distance involved, work, and having two young DCs, it has been hard to get to see them as frequently as we should.

Hence why, I thought I quick call to let me know how they really are, wouldn't have been too much to ask....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now