Party at night!

(11 Posts)
Msqueen33 Sat 25-Jun-16 21:55:47

We live in a built up town. Our house did have a long garden which the people before us sold off to developers so the garden isn't huge. They're having a bloody party. I don't begrudge it but it's nearly ten, there's a lot of noise and music and I have two autistic children. I'm also pissed off as one of the neighbours (I'm not sure if it's them) came round one night to complain about our youngest child who has autism crying in the garden (for information dd was out there less than an hour and is brought in when screaming). If it's her house having this fucking party I'd be straight round to complain. I'm easy going but as its nearly ten it's like they're literally in our garden and there's a lot of chatter and music.

Msqueen33 Sat 25-Jun-16 21:56:26

Should say the neighbours at the bottom are having a party. This is the house where there's always a smell of weed.

TheWeeBabySeamus1 Sat 25-Jun-16 22:03:03

It's annoying but it's Saturday night and they're allowed to make reasonable noise until 11pm. If it's still going on after then you can report to environmental health.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Sat 25-Jun-16 22:08:34

I was about to come on and say. It's a party
It's a Saturday night. Don't be such a misery guts, However that was before I found that she'd had complained about your daughter who has autism screaming. How fucking intolerant., so. I fail to see what tolerance you owe her. Your dd can't help her condition and neither can you, but She can "help" having rowdy parties.

vulgarbunting Sat 25-Jun-16 22:10:30

It's annoying, but I think leave it until 11pm at least. It depends how often it happens. If it's a one off and they quieten down after midnight then I would let them off this once.

But I get super grumpy about parties so I definitely don't practice what I preach!

NewIdeasToday Sat 25-Jun-16 22:14:17

You can't stop people from having some fun. It's a nice summer evening - what could be better than enjoying it with friends?

WorraLiberty Sat 25-Jun-16 22:19:55

Saturday night in the Summer?

Midnight is the usual time to turn it down a bit here, but you'll still hear people talking/laughing.

How can you avoid that when having a party?

Heratnumber7 Sat 25-Jun-16 22:30:31

10pm us a bit early to be complaining about noise on a Saturday.

Your post doesn't imply that it's a regular occurrence, so I think you need to go without for s good few hours yet - until midnight at least. .

Msqueen33 Sat 25-Jun-16 23:07:09

They've actually turned the music up even louder. Don't get me wrong it's summer fair enough have a party but it's right at the end of the garden and it's kept one of our autistic dd's awake as she's incredibly noise sensitive. I'm fine with the talking and laughing it's the hammering loud music. Plus it's a small residential area. Believe me I won't be dashing my dd inside when she's having a meltdown next time.

dudsville Sat 25-Jun-16 23:24:41

It's the worst part of living in close proximity to others and it might not suit you. We moved out for a variety of reasons and it was the best decision. There will always be someone doing something you dislike, and sometimes vice versa.

Heratnumber7 Sat 25-Jun-16 23:41:35

It's not their fault your DD is autistic. They probably don't even know.
Chill with a glass of wine and grin and bear it. get your own back next week by throwing your own party

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now