To think that if you're an adult you just say "breast milk" and not "booby juice"?

(44 Posts)
RatherSheepish Sat 25-Jun-16 20:23:31

I was at a friend's house today, visiting her and her new baby, and a friend of hers, who I don't really known well, was there too. She has just had a baby too, and has just transitioned to formula, after breastfeeding for a couple of weeks. She kept saying how much better her son sleeps etc since she stopped "the booby juice". Now I don't particularly care how she feeds her baby, but AIBU to think that surely if you're talking to adults you'd just call it what it is?

Shallishanti Sat 25-Jun-16 20:24:57

YADNBU

Brightnorthernlights Sat 25-Jun-16 20:26:00

Booby juice confused

YADNBU

Bavmorda Sat 25-Jun-16 20:26:16

grin

Pseudonym99 Sat 25-Jun-16 20:26:30

Does it matter?

LottieDoubtie Sat 25-Jun-16 20:26:49

YADNBU

Teresalosingtheirleaves Sat 25-Jun-16 20:27:22

Lol!! Paahaaaa booby joooooce!!

sepa Sat 25-Jun-16 20:27:27

Booby juice. Ha. Never heard that before. Maybe I am a civilised adult now though grin

HelenaJustina Sat 25-Jun-16 20:29:42

I bfed my 4DC, I sometimes called it 'mummy milk' when talking to a toddler (to distinguish it from cows milk) but would never had called it that to another adult! YANBU!

NoCakeLeft Sat 25-Jun-16 20:31:36

My DH used to say it jokingly. It was only occasionally and said to baby DD. "Go to your mummy so she could give you some booby juice".
YANBU though.

Whatiswrongwithmykid Sat 25-Jun-16 20:31:49

I call it booby juice when talking to my 2yro, or booby milk as opposed to moo moo milk.

redexpat Sat 25-Jun-16 20:36:12

grin I think I live in a different world to MNers sometimes. This sort of stuff never happens in my life!

Crunchymum Sat 25-Jun-16 20:36:38

I sometimes refer to it as 'mummy's milk' when speaking to my 3.5yo.

Other than that it's breast milk.

PansOnFire Sat 25-Jun-16 20:39:29

YANBU, this really annoys me! I am around a lot of people who say this and similar and it makes me cringe every time.

Moo moo milk is just as bad.

percythepenguin Sat 25-Jun-16 20:43:46

4yo DS1 has taken to announcing in public that DS2 wants 'booby milk', it makes me 😳

Whatiswrongwithmykid Sat 25-Jun-16 20:45:16

grin just to be clear I only use these terms when talking to my toddler to differentiate and explain why he has different milk to his baby sibling. He melts down if I say his milk is from a cow but is ok with moo moo.

splendide Sat 25-Jun-16 20:59:36

Booby juice is gross but I am guilty of the occasional mummy milk which is pretty bad too.

Milkmachine15 Sat 25-Jun-16 21:00:31

Relax guys!! No harm in making it a bit more playful!!! My DH always calls it random names like that... His favourite is 'come on mate, it's titty time'!!! It's just a bit of humour we don't have to take bfing so seriously! DD is 2.5 DS is 1 and if he starts crying when we're out she'll come running over to tell me 'quick mummy, baby booby milk milk' and proceed to try and pull down my top... Am I embarrassed? Nope, it's nice that she sees no problem with it anywhere we go...and hopefully one day that means when she's got kids maybe she won't give into the pressures we face to cover and the world will see another beautiful booby baby smile

RatherSheepish Sat 25-Jun-16 21:08:47

Yes, but that's when you're talking to a child. Not another adult, in adult company!

Milkmachine15 Sat 25-Jun-16 21:43:31

I don't think it matters who's company you're in... Call it whatever you want to call it... Call it breast milk or call it magical milk from the mystical mummy mountains it's not really for anyone else to judge!

EttaJ Sat 25-Jun-16 21:47:02

Ugh to Booby juice . Does she also call her baby little man or even worse lil man. Nails down a blackboard.

GirlSailor Sat 25-Jun-16 21:55:53

You are all being unreasonable for not calling it Magical Milk From The Mystical Munny Mountians. Except MilkMachine, she's on point.

GirlSailor Sat 25-Jun-16 21:58:36

Eugh. Mummy. How is Munny even a word?

RatherSheepish Sun 26-Jun-16 06:32:39

hopefully one day that means when she's got kids maybe she won't give into the pressures we face to cover and the world will see another beautiful booby baby smile

So giving breastmilk silly names is the key to wider acceptance of feeding in public? Okaaay...

Etta, yes she does!

Appock Sun 26-Jun-16 06:40:02

Ew

And this is from someone who extended breastfeeding with 4 kids

Can't abide adults using cutesy language

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now