Talk

Advanced search

to think my DP is the best right now

(50 Posts)
OneLongDay Sat 25-Jun-16 18:20:14

to lighten to tone on mn at the minute

My DP is out and there's no wine in the house the little ones in the bath before bed and DP just rang for a chat, I mentioned there's no wine and I fancied a glass. 20 minutes later there's a knock on the door there's DP with my favourite bottle of wine AND it was cold.

AIBU to think my DP is amazing right now grinwine

gingerbreadmanm Sat 25-Jun-16 18:22:29

Awww. He sounds pretty special.

Birdsgottafly Sat 25-Jun-16 18:23:25

Yes, he's a Star, but the real issue is how did he vote. We aren't hearing enough about that. grin

MsJamieFraser Sat 25-Jun-16 18:26:10

My dh is the same, I got these delivered today with a bottle of wine and £20 in a card buying us a takeaway.

I think he's feeling guilt as he's away for the weekend, when there's no need to feel guilt at all.

ImperialBlether Sat 25-Jun-16 18:26:18

I think that sounds really controlling, actually. What would he have done if you'd refused to drink it? Would he have forced you? If so, call Women's Aid.

MsJamieFraser Sat 25-Jun-16 18:26:41

These

Euphemia Sat 25-Jun-16 18:28:08

My DH is about to run me and a pal into town to get drunk, then he's coming back later to pick us up. Great guy. smile

OneLongDay Sat 25-Jun-16 18:28:46

We haven't dared discuss what we both voted for fear of being absolutely disgusted with one another and having to end our relationship because things will just never been the same ever again

msJamie lovely flowers

FuckingVipers Sat 25-Jun-16 18:29:49

My DH is sitting on the sofa scratching his bollocks.

#blessed

Jayne266 Sat 25-Jun-16 18:34:54

I am 32 wk pregnant and have sinusitis so I am lying in bed feeling horrible. My dh is looking after our dc who I can hear is definitely being challenging downstairs and my dh still came up with a hot drink and to kiss my tummy before heading down to the warzone.

jellycat1 Sat 25-Jun-16 18:35:00

My DH making complicated sauces and fancy kebabs for a bbq...partly so he doesn't have to help me bath and bed 2 boys under 2! Can't complain grin

Littlepeople12345 Sat 25-Jun-16 18:46:49

That's lovely!

My DH is hopefully cleaning up from dinner whilst I'm having a poo #wishfulthinking

Abominablebride Sat 25-Jun-16 18:52:14

FuckingVipers 😂

That's lovely op envy

OneLongDay Sat 25-Jun-16 18:55:08

DC in bed, dogs asleep. I should really do something but online shopping sounds like the better option

I know he'll ring me on the way home later to see if I want food bringing back too grin

moobeana Sat 25-Jun-16 18:58:40

My DH is amazing:
he got up at 5:30 with DD2 and let me lie in.

We have been to a bbq this afternoon where he was the only man not interested in football and so was shunned and not spoken to by any bloke there. He stayed though for me and my girls for 4 hours.

He has bathed both girls whilst I tidied. He is now reading a bedtime story whilst I finish feeding dd2.

He is bought a film we missed at the cinema for us to watch together tonight.

I love my husband. Xxx

AdoraBell Sat 25-Jun-16 19:03:23

That's enough gloating from you lot hmm wink

Mine's still putting together an Ikea wardrobe for one of the DCs. It's a monster with drawers as well as rails and has taken most of the day, so far.

pickledpears Sat 25-Jun-16 19:03:49

Aw this is a lovely thread. What wine is it though op? I hope it's decent or you might need to leave the bastard.

Gazelda Sat 25-Jun-16 19:05:30

Mine was running the school BBQ all afternoon today. And wore a semi-manly pinny.

Then he organised a takeaway to arrive just as I got out of the shower.

He's going to organise DDs bedtime too (he doesn't know that bit yet) while I crack open the wine.

ClopySow Sat 25-Jun-16 19:06:38

I love this thread. You have made a single woman hopeful.

JellyBellyKelly Sat 25-Jun-16 19:09:33

I think that sounds really controlling, actually. What would he have done if you'd refused to drink it? Would he have forced you? If so, call Women's Aid.

I'm sorry, I think this site my have made me lose my grip over the last 48 hrs.

Please tell me you're joking, Imperial confused

OneLongDay Sat 25-Jun-16 19:11:18

clopy before I met my DP I was in a terrible abusive relationship and when I was single I never thought I would trust another man again but there's always hope smile

ocelot41 Sat 25-Jun-16 19:13:58

My DH has agreed to move to the other end of the country to take up the job of my dreams and have a better quality of life as a family - even though it means him leaving a job he loves and looking for a new one. Huge kudos and respect.

ClopySow Sat 25-Jun-16 19:14:25

So many theads on here are unhappy, it's just nice to see a happy one.

Marmalade85 Sat 25-Jun-16 19:16:53

YABU as it seems he forgot his key.

Bulletpr00f Sat 25-Jun-16 19:18:47

Imperial made me snort unattractively. Yes jelly she was joking (I hope!).
My husband after family swimming this morning has spent hours joining 4 ikea drawers into two big drawers if that makes any sense. And took both children for haircuts without tears.
Now we're sitting on the couch together with a beer each (I strongly recommend the new lager/beer from guiness that we are sampling, it's called hop house 13) before the bedtime battles start.
Love hearing the happy normal life stories on MN. 😀

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now