Advanced search

Organisational body have changed rules

(10 Posts)
SandysMom Sat 25-Jun-16 17:49:12

Have now wasted year of work angry

Anyone know of I can protest?

UnexpectedItemInShaggingArea Sat 25-Jun-16 17:50:54

Any more information?

If it makes you feel better I've been working for a year on an EU grant application which is now on hold.

TanTanNubuck Sat 25-Jun-16 17:51:05

I suspect that a tiny teeny tad more detail would help posters to advise you. Just a smidgen. Go on, be brave.

UnexpectedItemInShaggingArea Sat 25-Jun-16 17:52:53

Tan grin

SandysMom Sat 25-Jun-16 17:56:32

sure, I'll be brave...!

I spent a year as a student working long hours in a big firm. Was told all this work experience would count towards professional qualification when the time came and duly signed everything off. Completed about 7 months of good experience. Have now discovered that organisational body have changed rules and only count work experience obtained in the previous 24 months; mine was obtained about four years ago. V disappointed and annoyed.

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Sat 25-Jun-16 17:57:31

How many threads have you started about this now?

Why not try contacting them?

fuckincuntbuggerinarse Sat 25-Jun-16 17:58:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DeathStare Sat 25-Jun-16 18:02:03

To be honest, putting a time limit on work being eligible is standard in most professions. Otherwise people could submit work they did so long ago it was out of date. When they introduce a time limit someone is always going to be caught out but their priority has to be the good standing of the profession.

UnexpectedItemInShaggingArea Sat 25-Jun-16 18:47:55

Did they put any interim arrangements in place for people who were caught out by the change?

SandysMom Sat 25-Jun-16 19:15:59

Thanks all. Sorry yes I did start one other thread.

It took me four years because I was working between school and university then had four year degree.

Yes I will contact them on Monday. Just wondering if anyone else has been similarly caught out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now