Talk

Advanced search

AIBU in thinking that this is not appropriate?

(15 Posts)
justnotaballetmum Sat 25-Jun-16 11:39:52

Family member has photo of DD (2) as screensaver on their phone. It's a sweet photo of her after a bath but she's not wearing anything. Would I be a bit fussy to express discontent with this? (BTW I'm not suggesting for a moment there's anything horrible or inappropriate, it's more how DD might feel about it when she's older.)

abbieanders Sat 25-Jun-16 11:42:05

They'll probably change their screen saver by the time she is old enough to care.

BerylMeeps Sat 25-Jun-16 11:42:24

No YANBU not as a screensaver. I love cutesy bath time pics, but wouldn't leave it on my phone in full view, I just don't PERSONALLY feel it's very appropriate.

However it would need careful wording as to how to approach it.

Oysterbabe Sat 25-Jun-16 11:46:12

I wouldn't be happy with that as it's too visible to anyone glancing at the phone.
Just ask them to use a different one.

justnotaballetmum Sat 25-Jun-16 12:03:18

Yeah, will do thanks - it's just a bit hmm

Msqueen33 Sat 25-Jun-16 12:07:19

How did family member get hold of the photo? I'm quite careful with what photos people have of the kids as I don't know how they'll use them.

Birdsgottafly Sat 25-Jun-16 12:07:27

Is it just from the waist up?

My GD, 19 months, has the adorable toddler fat rolls and I've got a few pictures on my phone.

I love her toddler Chunkyness.

It depends on exactly what you can see on the picture.

justnotaballetmum Sat 25-Jun-16 12:11:41

She has her back to the camera so you can see a bit of her bottom. They took the photo (I'm not a fan of photos without clothing, myself.)

WorraLiberty Sat 25-Jun-16 12:15:57

A bit of her bottom?

YABU.

Anyway, if her back is to the camera, how is anyone going to know it's her?

babyboomersrock Sat 25-Jun-16 12:22:13

If her back's to the camera - assuming you can't see her face - what's the point of having the photo? confused

NinaSimoneful Sat 25-Jun-16 12:26:17

I think it's a bit odd to have a pic of someone else's child as your screensaver. Unless it's a grandparent.

VimFuego101 Sat 25-Jun-16 12:31:34

I thought the same, babyboomer

Oysterbabe Sat 25-Jun-16 12:44:58

TBH I wouldn't let anyone else take naked photos of my kids.

alltouchedout Sat 25-Jun-16 12:50:53

I don't care about naked photos that exist of me when I was a child. I wouldn't take a naked photo of someone else's child but I have photos of mine unclothed. I don't find it an issue. Mind you, before I share any photos of the dc I ask them if it's ok- well I have done since they were about 5, the baby still doesn't get a say, mostly because his response to most things is unintelligible.

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Sat 25-Jun-16 13:47:14

Personally I can't get worked up about this.

If as an adult they're really upset by a picture of them nude as a toddler, then there's probably more going on that needs to be looked into.

I keep my Facebook etc locked down because I don't want all and sundry having access to my photos but if one was shared without my knowledge, it'd be no big deal. Because I don't take pictures that are indecent, ie, spread eagled!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now