Talk

Advanced search

To moan?

(9 Posts)
PoppyFig Fri 24-Jun-16 23:16:09

I struggle to sleep at the best of times but this week has been awful. Since Monday I have still been awake when the sun comes up twice....other nights it's about 3am before I'm drop off.
I'm exhausted. Tonight I manage to get to sleep at 9ish only to be woken up by dh sending the dog in and arguing with ds about his lights being turned off.
Now he's arsey with me because I'm up and pissed off because I'm pretty sure I've lost a potential good few solid hours of proper sleep.

Also Had a appointment booked today which was to discuss everything after my scan which diagnosed me with PCO. I have lots of questions but rather than get anywhere today,I had a doctor I felt just blew me off and is sending me for more bloods. No information or explanations about anything.
I am aware this is a total over reaction but I feel like I'm not the same. I don't want something inside of me that shouldn't be there...I'll get over it and deal but it's still new to me and no one wants to listen to how I feel or give me any idea on what I'm being tested for or anything I can do or read up. Nothing.
At the end of my waste of time appointment I mentioned my sleeping issue...I got shot down and told that I need to make another appointment to discuss it separately. Another month to wait if I do...
I walked home in tears.
Since when do you only deal with one issue at a time?

I need to learn how to function on hardly any sleep....I am shit at it! sad

gamerchick Fri 24-Jun-16 23:20:13

I have a glug of night nurse when my insomnia hits. Puts me out and no hangover effects in the morning.

I'm not advising that of course.

I don't know what to suggest about your other problems, it sounds hard flowers

PoisonWitch Fri 24-Jun-16 23:25:14

Sounds utterly shit. Pretty sure I have PCOS but been in hormonal contraceptives since I was 16 so no clue really. My last implant ran out Dec 2014 and into had one period since in Apr 2016 so no idea what's going on with my body (too lazy to get implant taken out). Never had issues with sleep unless super stresses so maybe hormonal contraceptives may help.

StarryIllusion Fri 24-Jun-16 23:29:12

Try Nytol. If you don't take sleeping pills often then it can hit you quite hard. You get tolerant to it quickly though so I only used to take it every other night. Now I take an antidepressant and it puts me out like a light.

PoppyFig Fri 24-Jun-16 23:32:01

I'm trying not to drown myself in ameretto so I doze off (only booze in the house hmm ) .

Coming off the pill was what highlighted the issues but I wanted to discuss going back on it today but it didn't happen. Nothing worse than a unhelpful twat of a gp.

I just feel so blue and lost with it all! sad

PoppyFig Fri 24-Jun-16 23:35:07

Tried nytol and likes .
For some reason my brain powers through most of the time.

I have in the past had prescribed sleeping tablets which got me over similar and put me back in a routine (without ne getting addicted as i was warned i would!) but I'm told these don't get given out anymore.

StarryIllusion Fri 24-Jun-16 23:52:10

If its a mental thing, my usual trick is to make up some fantasy about needing to pretend to be asleep. Life or death situation kind of thing and usually pretending to sleep makes me fall asleep. Having a good imagination is handy for some things, especially when your brain is like Oh, its bedtime? Awesome, lets just think about every regret, mistake and emotionally traumatising moment since...ever? Yep, ever is good. Sweet dreams then!

NightSun Sat 25-Jun-16 06:58:55

I take zopiclone for short periods of insomnia. After 3-4 nights it usually resets my sleep pattern and I can sleep easily again.
I find it deeply relaxing, rather than knock-out. I can still snap awake to feed baby or re-settle him several times a night without grogginess (I switch to formula when taking it as can't BF on it). If I have to get up at 5am with him I don't feel hungover.

I suggest seeing your GP for medication. All the 'sleep hygiene' stuff was useless for me. I was getting 1-2 hours max some nights, with zopiclone I can fall asleep without any effort.

MsJamieFraser Sat 25-Jun-16 07:03:39

I'd ask for a referral to the hospital and I would state the reasons why and says to the GP they are bloody useless!

Also a good gobfull of night nurse shoud do the trick!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now