Talk

Advanced search

To contact the seller about missing parcel?

(5 Posts)
WalkingBlind Fri 24-Jun-16 22:38:21

So the usual story of Hermes "delivering" a parcel. I received an email saying I signed for it at 6pm but the house was empty so that didn't happen. When I got home there was no note through or anything to indicate where the parcel may be.

So I go to contact them and the email form doesn't work on the website and they have no phone number or anything so AIBU to contact who I bought my parcel from in the first place and say I want a replacement?

Will I just be told to contact Hermes? Because it's bloody impossible blush

NoCakeLeft Sat 25-Jun-16 00:51:43

I don't think they will tell you to contact hermes. Seller should be contacting the courier company, not buyer.
Get in touch with seller and let them sort it out.

StarryIllusion Sun 26-Jun-16 13:20:01

Have you checked your bins and asked your neighbours? Because Hermes are fucking stupid about where they leave things and if it has been signed for then someone must have it.

TheFuckitBuckit Sun 26-Jun-16 16:50:21

Have yo got a tracking number?

As sometimes the drivers mobile/contact number is listed on the Hermes tracking website.
I had to contact our driver after a missed delivery, literally minutes after he had been. But the number he left on the card was his home number which was obviously no good as wouldn't get my message until he'd finished his round. I found a mobile number on the website.

If so ring him and ask him where your parcel is.

AnchorDownDeepBreath Sun 26-Jun-16 16:52:16

I always get my Hermes delivery emails at 6pm when the parcel has come hours and hours earlier - I presume they send them all when they get back to the depot. Was anyone in earlier to sign for it?

If not, call the retailer - they'll call Hermes who will speak to your delivery driver. Hermes won't want to speak to you as their contract was with the retailer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now