Talk

Advanced search

Enjoying bin scrounging.

(35 Posts)
saskdilemma Fri 24-Jun-16 22:26:57

The EU was one of the reasons why we were able to borrow money on the cheap. Not anymore! So all those posters complaining about being on zero hours contracts... enjoy living on the streets as the conservatives won't spend shit to save you from the streets as even the zero hour contracts disappear.

Most low skilled/unskilled labour will be replaced by robotics and other cheaper methods so fighting for something that won't even last very long... hilarious. Without the security of the EU, we won't be able to borrow on the cheap and as more and more industries disappear we won't be able to support our NHS, benefits, Pensions etc. So you brexiters who voted to leave out of jealousy, enjoy scrounging off bins in a few years time unless a magical miracle happens.

I just don't understand the jealousness of humans. Somewhere can't achieve anything so they like to destroy other people's lives just to make themselves feel better.

saskdilemma Fri 24-Jun-16 22:31:59

correction: People can't achieve anything so they like to destroy other people's lives just to make themselves feel better.

TheSpottedZebra Fri 24-Jun-16 22:32:06

Oh, I thought his might be about dumpster diving.

On one episode of Come Dine With Me, one of the contestants got most of her food from the bin.
Looked alright.

gamerchick Fri 24-Jun-16 22:34:20

Yeah it's a crime the shit that gets chucked away.

katemiddletonsnudeheels Fri 24-Jun-16 22:36:16

What a nasty post.

speakergirl Fri 24-Jun-16 22:41:45

You stay away from my bins

RealityCheque Fri 24-Jun-16 22:44:22

Are you actually pissed? What in incoherent load of nonsense!

anyname123 Fri 24-Jun-16 23:04:25

biscuit

AgentZigzag Fri 24-Jun-16 23:05:33

I opened your thread to get a ringside seat for the telling off you'd get from the ultra honest MNetters who never ever break even the smallest of laws, as well as to see how long it'd take for the referendum to be woven into it grin

How wrong could I be?

Which way did you vote then? arf

MarkRuffaloCrumble Fri 24-Jun-16 23:08:23

I was hoping for a break from brexit for 2 minutes.

I sometimes rescue things from the compost caddy if I realise I need them blush Half a lemon that's a bit shrivelled, just rinse and chop off the end and its fine. Reckon I'll be ok at bin cuisine.

AgentZigzag Fri 24-Jun-16 23:08:37

What you got in your bins that you don't want the OP to plunder speakergirl?

PreAdvent13610 Fri 24-Jun-16 23:15:39

Agent are you keeping well?

Skip raiding is a much less sticky pastime than bin scrounging.

speakergirl Fri 24-Jun-16 23:16:39

Food. Plenty of leftovers. You know, as we are now all going to be starving and in poverty and all

AgentZigzag Fri 24-Jun-16 23:23:58

I'm great thanks PreAdvent smile and yourself?

You're right about the skip raiding, but old carpets take too long to boil up into a soup.

I'll take a chance with Speakers bin and my marigolds (don't worry Speaker, you won't even know I've been <twangs marigolds on>)

HoneyDragon Fri 24-Jun-16 23:26:11

So what's the AIBU?

TheImprobableGirl Fri 24-Jun-16 23:27:31

I've been known to rescue takeaway pizza from the outside bin when it's been thrown away (in box) by mistake!

Although I dropped the last carrot into the bin today whilst peeling it. (Why is it always on the last peel when it dives into the bin?!) and unfortunately I had just emptied the Hoover into it. It really was unsalvageable

speakergirl Fri 24-Jun-16 23:27:52

I'm setting up security around my bins. Leave them alone

HoneyDragon Fri 24-Jun-16 23:28:46

Improbgirl we've all done it grin

PreAdvent13610 Fri 24-Jun-16 23:33:28

My first flat was furnished almost exclusively from a skip. If I had known speakergirls address, I could have filled the kitchen cupboards as well.

speakergirl Fri 24-Jun-16 23:36:11

I might be generous and share the leftover Domino's. Seriously... microwaved Domino's for breakfast is like...... mmmmmmm....

Ok skip that. I'm not being generous

PreAdvent13610 Fri 24-Jun-16 23:38:07

I had left over curry for breakfast, I meet your mmmmm and raise it by a yummmmm

EssentialHummus Fri 24-Jun-16 23:41:07

I also thought this would be about dumpster diving. Would've brightened up my day considerably. If anyone is up for trying the bins around any Waitrose in SE London pls PM me, keen as salvaged mustard here grin

speakergirl Fri 24-Jun-16 23:42:12

What kind of curry?

AgentZigzag Fri 24-Jun-16 23:43:15

But your artisan pizza crusts are the best in your street Speaker sad

PreAdvent13610 Fri 24-Jun-16 23:43:40

It is about dumpster diving now grin SE london is a one way to go. Maybe a synchronised Waitrose bin raid, country wide

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now