Talk

Advanced search

To find this infuriating

(7 Posts)
Windsofwinter Thu 23-Jun-16 19:57:35

So this afternoon/evening went like this:

Text to DP: can you check the date on the sea bass, think it might be off. I'm in tesco now.

Reply: still in date

I then carry on with my shop, buying the rest of the things needed for tea. I get home, lift the fish from the fridge to find the date ripped off. Open the fish, which smells icky. As I'm putting it in the bin I spot the label - two days ouf of date. Next follows a discussion with DP about how he threw the label out because it was wet, but didn't notice the date (even though I'd asked him to check hmm ). This is a common occurrence - silly lies about tiny things which have no actual significance to our lives and where he has no reason to lie but it then turns into a huge drama because I can't stand lies. I'm fed up. Not sure what I'm asking really...no indication that he lies about big things or is keeping a huge secret, which is why it's so bizarre!

Lilaclily Thu 23-Jun-16 19:59:20

Weird!

AlbertHerbertHawkins Thu 23-Jun-16 20:03:19

He thinks you stress over trivialities that he can't be bothered with and so thinks the easiest thing is to basically ignore you. My DH is prone to this, it is infuriating, belittling and patronising.

DoreenLethal Thu 23-Jun-16 20:15:11

Could you just make him gone off sea bass, hope he gets food poisoning and have a different meal yourself?

PelvicFloorClenchReminder Thu 23-Jun-16 20:22:16

What Doreen said - except don't make him gone off sea bass, make him make it himself if its freshness (or lack thereof) is so trivial.

MrsTerryPratchett Thu 23-Jun-16 20:37:13

Sea bass sashimi for DH.

IonaNE Thu 23-Jun-16 20:52:01

I would ask him what the thought process was behind him actually texting you "still in date" when it was not/the label was in the bin/ he did not look/he did not remember.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now