Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to be annoyed with DH?

(4 Posts)
ConfusedDotCom2016 Thu 23-Jun-16 18:09:05

It was my DH birthday a little while ago and I booked him a weekend away trip for 2. The trip is to do with he's hobby and for me very expensive and I have had to cut back a lot to afford it. He was absolutely thrilled with it and invited he's friend to go with him. This friend is very flakey and I did question at the time was he the best person to take but I was ignored.

A few days before and the friend has dropped out! No one else can make it at short notice and related booking will cost £££ more. He was extremely disappointed so I arranged childcare and time off work to go with him and he has chosen to cancel instead meaning I lose my 20% deposit. Honestly when I think what I could have done with that money I get more and more annoyed. Especially when he told me to book somewhere else instead later in the year.

AIBU to refuse to rebook and continue to be annoyed?

FlopIsMyParentingGuru Thu 23-Jun-16 18:10:46

Not at all unreasonable if he didn't discuss it before cancelling. Perhaps explain the sacrifices you made to save the money up and offer the money he got back and let him make up the deposit shortfall himself.

mrsfuzzy Thu 23-Jun-16 18:44:06

don't think i should really comment, might not go down well with mn grin, but he was bu on all accounts, not sure i'd bother booking again and suck up the loss but he does owe you big time.

mrsfuzzy Thu 23-Jun-16 18:45:11

sorry my emijis are playing up again i really need to see a doctor ! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now