What do you think is best re. leaving baby/job interview?

(9 Posts)
blondieblonde Wed 22-Jun-16 23:06:49

I've got a job interview in another European city - flight time only a few hours. We've a 14 month old baby who is still breastfed and very clingy, and teething. She usually freaks out if she doesn't see me for a few hours. I work, but pop back to feed and cuddle her.

If I go to the interview alone I'll need to leave at about 6am and won't be back till about 8pm. The pros of this will be time to think on the flight and less cost of taking the family with me! Cons will be bursting boobs and the baby will be miserable.

Otherwise I can take my family with me, pay more though for their flights (we have an older child too), be able to feed the baby and then come home in a more relaxed fashion.

Which would you do?

Whitedoor Wed 22-Jun-16 23:15:29

Go alone. (I've done this with a 12 month old when I had to have an op and morphine. He was fine just a bit grumpy)
Imagine how much easier it will be to prepare and focus on your own

EsmeraldaEllaBella Wed 22-Jun-16 23:29:36

When is the interview? Babies change quickly. Clingy today, fine a week later? Could you leave her for say half a day to get her used to it? I definitely wouldn't bring her, you need time to focus. Good luck!

Familyof3or4 Wed 22-Jun-16 23:33:42

I think if she's used to you popping back to feed and cuddle leaving her for her entire wake time is a bit much. Unless as the pp says you have a bit of time for you to wean her off you (in terms of time not bfing!) I would take her

Blondie1984 Wed 22-Jun-16 23:33:57

Go on your own - imagine if your baby were to have an awful flight and be really fussy etc which would cause you real stress - do you think you would perform at your best in the interview under those circumstances? I know i wouldn''t

And where would you leave the kids whilst you are having your interview??

Obeliskherder Wed 22-Jun-16 23:44:44

I expect your one year old would be comforted by being at home with dad in familiar surroundings, rather than dragged across Europe, and it will be much easier for your DP to manage at home than stuck in a random coffee shop or airport terminal with hours to kill.

I think do it alone in a day, for everyone's sake.

PPie10 Thu 23-Jun-16 00:35:24

Agree with everyone else. Seems like you are making life unnecessarily harder for yourself. You have plenty of time to start weaning her.

blondieblonde Thu 23-Jun-16 09:51:44

No, it's next week!

But I agree it is probably best to go alone.

Nanny0gg Thu 23-Jun-16 10:31:35

Wouldn't fancy the bursting boobs on a flight...

(are they still that full with a 14mth old though?)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now