to think housing vulnerable people together isn't safe?

(5 Posts)
gogglesprog Wed 22-Jun-16 22:16:44

I have worked in semi-independent hostels in the past

I don't know what the answer is but in recent years at least 2 deaths have occurred that I don't think would have happened had they not been placed in what was deemed "suitable accommodation" for vulnerable young people

Iv just watched kids that kill if anyone was also watching tonight

VioletBam Thu 23-Jun-16 09:50:07

YANBU. It seems stupid beyond belief. I remember watching one of those awful "Life on the Dole" type "documentaries" and they had a 16 year old girl...very vulnerable...in a shared house with a crack addicted adult woman!

I can't fathom it. I know it's about money but really...with so many empty properties in the UK, there should be a better way.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Thu 23-Jun-16 10:09:41

YANBU. I've never heard of such stupidity
And People who arrange and okay these things are supposed to be educated.

gogglesprog Thu 23-Jun-16 11:01:01

All the places I worked had lots of copycat behaviour and bullying. I only ever met one young person who didn't get sucked into the group mentality and used it as it was intended - to help with education and become more independent.

I suppose the properties aren't available but I would think housing some young people alone would actually work much better - perhaps with a mentor visiting rather than someone on site

2beautifulkids Thu 23-Jun-16 11:37:29

I've often wondered this too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now