Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to throw away shitty shoes

(12 Posts)
IssMc Wed 22-Jun-16 12:07:31

DD (13 months) stood in dog poo at the park yesterday. Her shoes (rubber soles and canvas upper) are currently in a bucket in the garden. Some poo went on the canvas bit. So quick survey: how would you clean them? I am thinking hosing them off in the garden, deploying antibac wipes, soaking in a bucket of nappy San (and possibly bleach) then running them through the washing machine before setting fire to them on the back step but less emotive responses are welcomed. Or would you clean them at all, is it totally unreasonable to bin them? How many of you would?

SweetieDrops Wed 22-Jun-16 12:09:33

Depends on the shoes, I'd be more likely to throw away well used cheapies than newer, expensive ones. Napisan and then washing machine seems fine though.

Napisan and washing machine will make them completely clean again, and remove all traces of dog poo.

manicinsomniac Wed 22-Jun-16 12:31:10

If they cost under £10 I'd throw them away.

More than that I'd persevere with the cleaning. Unless I thought the child was about to grow out of them anyway.

KP86 Wed 22-Jun-16 12:34:57

Bucket of napisan and then straight in the machine on a hot wash.

Same as you would for any soiled clothes. I assume you don't throw them out?

BikeRunSki Wed 22-Jun-16 12:36:05

I'd go the same as you but without the fire bit.

SaucyJack Wed 22-Jun-16 12:39:27

They should be fine after a good clean.

I'm sure 99.9999% would have traces of dog excrement on them were they to be analysed anyway.

SaucyJack Wed 22-Jun-16 12:39:58

*of shoes

SaveSomeSpendSome Wed 22-Jun-16 12:45:24

Sometimes washing canvas shoes ruins them. I ve ruined afew shoes by machine washing them.

Dd who is 3 weed on her canvas shoes which she had had 3 weeks and cost £30. I threw them and ordered her another pair.

Tbh the weeing on them was very out of character so the chances of her doing that on them again was very slim!

LaughingHyena Wed 22-Jun-16 12:49:42

Totally understand just wanting them out of here, but it's happened so many times and there's no way I can afford or justify that many new pairs of shoes.

Rubber gloves on, hose & a good scrub over a bucket. Water emptied down the outside drain, and shoes in the washing machine.

For potty training, when this was a several times a day week job it was crocs all the way,

IssMc Wed 22-Jun-16 13:42:30

Thanks for your responses all! Think I will arm myself with rubber gloves and tackle them tonight when LO is asleep. What a thing to look forward to.

Izzabellasasperella Wed 22-Jun-16 14:06:16

Yucky I hate dog poo. When my ds was a toddler he trod in some wearing his favorite Spiderman trainers,the heels had holes in them and the poo was squished in them! They went straight in the bin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now