Talk

Advanced search

to get the rage at dirty dishes on my clean draining board?

(14 Posts)
MillionToOneChances Tue 21-Jun-16 23:42:52

There's an obvious stack of dirty dishes to the right of the sink. Why oh why oh WHY would you put a dirty plate or - worse! - a dirty teaspoon on my clean draining board? I'm not hugely tidy so there are often clean dishes draining there anyway. And then dirty bits tucked in confused

MillionToOneChances Thu 23-Jun-16 09:36:40

Just me then blush

overthehillandroundthemountain Thu 23-Jun-16 09:37:25

Not alone! Me too. A small 'fuck you and your clean dishes' type gesture.

TheHiphopopotamus Thu 23-Jun-16 10:07:44

My kids do this. Doesn't matter how many times I tell them. Not only that, we have a dishwasher and I only wash pots and pans in the sink. They just can't be arsed to open the dishwasher door.

The thing that really gets my goat is DH will use a pan, wash it, dry it and then put it back on the hob. Why can't he put it away in the cupboard? It drives me up the fucking wall.

baffledmummy Thu 23-Jun-16 10:15:50

Yanbu....drives me bonkers too. The dishwasher is RIGHT there! Apparently DH was not allowed to load the dishwasher in his parents house as he 'always did it wrong' so was encouraged to leave it on top so it could be accurately positioned by MIL! I'm not sure what I find more annoying to be fair.....dirties on the draining board or having to restack the dishwasher....

Notso Thu 23-Jun-16 10:26:52

It would annoy me too. Nobody does it here my screeches of 'put it in the dishwasher' have worked.

Just got back from a holiday villa though where DH and the kids felt the need to put dirty dishes in the washing up bowl, that was a right pain in the arse because you had to fish them all out to wash them.

GiraffesAndButterflies Thu 23-Jun-16 11:54:28

YANBU!!! My DM and my MIL do this and it enrages me beyond all reason!

They both have big houses and spacious kitchens with double sinks, so I mentally accuse them of being entitled and then try and fail to not mind grin

MillionToOneChances Thu 23-Jun-16 21:29:04

Oh thank heavens! I've trained my family, it's 'helpful' guests that wind me up.

Notso, completely agree I hate the dirty dishes being in the washing up bowl. Especially with a greasy film of cold water - if things need soaking I fill them and leave them on the side.

WhyHasAllTheRumGone Thu 23-Jun-16 22:11:27

YANBU

If the DC do this I call them back and make them do all of the washing and drying up!

Ameliablue Thu 23-Jun-16 22:17:07

Or worse someone sprays dirty water over clean dishes drying on the draining board.

cornflakegirl Thu 23-Jun-16 22:23:34

I have no idea how the thought process would go that makes this seem a good idea...

SamWheat Sun 26-Jun-16 20:06:53

YANBU. That's just wrong, and would drive me crackers too. angry

WellErrr Sun 26-Jun-16 20:17:23

This enrages me too.

MillionToOneChances Sun 26-Jun-16 22:19:17

Amelia YES!! My kids spray dirty water over my clean dishes. Infuriating, though somehow not as much as putting dirty dishes on there with them. I never claimed it was a rational hatred!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now