Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to be so upset

(14 Posts)
user1466013654 Tue 21-Jun-16 21:30:21

That a friend is ignoring me. Totally blanking all of my efforts to contact her. Not done anything as far as I'm aware but have begged her to tell me what I've done and have apologised for inadvertently upsetting her and asked if we could talk. But no nothing.
It's making me feel so very sad.

CaptainCrunch Tue 21-Jun-16 21:34:22

Something must have precipitated it, what happened in the run up to this? What was your last conversation about?

HallowedMimic Tue 21-Jun-16 21:37:55

Do you not think you are being a bit 'me, me, me'?

Perhaps your friend is having a hard time and it has nothing to do with you.

Maybe stop badgering her with your pity party, and ask how she is?

pictish Tue 21-Jun-16 21:39:07

I'd say take the hint and leave it now. Wait for her to contact you.
Sorry by the way, it must be very upsetting.

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Tue 21-Jun-16 21:40:26

Hallowed could be right, why do you assume it's tp di with you and not just that she's got a lot on?

How long a time period are we talking?!

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Tue 21-Jun-16 21:40:57

to do, even! sodding phone!

MarcelineTheVampire Tue 21-Jun-16 21:42:20

Are you sure she's getting your messages?!

AnchorDownDeepBreath Tue 21-Jun-16 21:49:34

Totally blanking all of my efforts to contact her. Not done anything as far as I'm aware but have begged her to tell me what I've done and have apologised for inadvertently upsetting her and asked if we could talk.

That's quite full on. It may well be that something was going on - anything, really - and now there's a huge amount of pressure to respond. It could be that she'd just forgotten to reply (not great, but not rare either, everyone has frantic weeks), or that something personal happened, or something happened at work, or she was anxious, or she just needed some alone time... and now it's something huge, she needs to explain herself, she can't just pick up where she left off.

Or it could be that you have upset her, or annoyed her, somehow - and whilst it may have died down, it won't now that it's huge.

Last option I suppose is that you've done something that has completely offended her and she never intended to talk to you again, but it's highly unlikely that you would be able to do that without having any idea what you'd done, so this is by far the least likely option.

Your only option is to leave it, really, and wait. She will, hopefully, contact you once things are calmed.

Beeziekn33ze Tue 21-Jun-16 21:50:37

Something might have gone wrong in her life?

Shakey15000 Tue 21-Jun-16 21:58:59

On the chance that something may have happened in her life, I would leave it as is. For whatever reason, she is not engaging with you at the moment.

As upsetting as it may be, you'll have to respect that. Pleading etc only makes you seem "needy".

blueskyinmarch Tue 21-Jun-16 22:00:20

When was the last time you spoke to her?

couldntlovethebearmore Tue 21-Jun-16 22:02:12

A couple of weeks ago

CaptainCrunch Tue 21-Jun-16 22:36:05

Have you name changed in the middle of the thread op?

couldntlovethebearmore Tue 21-Jun-16 23:04:46

Yes because of the stupid assigned username/number

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now