Talk

Advanced search

To call the police on my neighbour

(24 Posts)
PebbleTTC Tue 21-Jun-16 19:06:13

My neighbour was reversing her car on Sunday evening (7.30 pm) and reversed in to her house knocking a small wall (used to hide bins). I believe she was drunk (has previously admitted to drink driving). We have her on cctv and she took 3 attempts at parking, hit trees on other side on the on her second attempt. You can see her on camera struggling to reach the car door to close it (3 attempts), kept misjudging the distance.

I want to call police but a bit afraid she might know it's me. I know that can't arrest her for drink driving but they might frighten her a bit.

Mycatsabastard Tue 21-Jun-16 19:08:07

Surely it would be better to wait until she's driving like that again and call them at the time. Then they could breathalyse her.

She sounds dangerous.

PebbleTTC Tue 21-Jun-16 19:09:05

I would be thinking what if next time she doesn't hit property but knocks someone down then it would be too late

Nanny0gg Tue 21-Jun-16 19:10:49

So she waits and the neighbour drives off drunk, has an accident and someone dies...

Ring the non-emergency number for advice.

ccsays Tue 21-Jun-16 19:12:23

"Better to wait until she drives like that again" and quite possibly kills someone hmm

pinkladyapple Tue 21-Jun-16 19:14:31

I would call the police and report it, and definitely mention that you have CCTV. The neighbour might think it was you, or maybe someone else, who cares?

How would you feel if you did nothing and then heard tomorrow that she killed someone while driving?

PotteringAlong Tue 21-Jun-16 19:15:47

How do you have cctv of her house? Is that not illegal?

Sallyingforth Tue 21-Jun-16 19:17:05

No it isn't illegal.

PebbleTTC Tue 21-Jun-16 19:19:32

Cctv covers our driveway and front door so it picks up part of her driveway also

LouBlue1507 Tue 21-Jun-16 19:20:10

Don't bother wasting police time. You don't know for a fact she was drunk, there's no evidence of it. If you were that concerned you should of called the police as it was happening!

PebbleTTC Tue 21-Jun-16 19:21:15

That's the reason I do want to call police in case someone for knocked down or she crashed herself but I'm afraid of what she might say or do to me she can be very aggressive

PebbleTTC Tue 21-Jun-16 19:21:57

I wasn't there when it happened it was only when I saw wall knocked down I looked at cctv

mrsfuzzy Tue 21-Jun-16 19:23:01

i'd get advice, so you are aware of what to do, but if there is a next time ring the police straight away.

mrsfuzzy Tue 21-Jun-16 19:24:17

you say she is aggressive and you are concerned, have you had previous with her ?

PebbleTTC Tue 21-Jun-16 19:25:14

If I had been there to see it I would have gone out to her and if I had smelled alcohol I would have course called the police straight away

AbyssinianBanana Tue 21-Jun-16 19:25:26

It was a private driveway - they won't do anything

PebbleTTC Tue 21-Jun-16 19:29:21

She fell out with us as we wouldn't let her use our side entrance for building work a few months ago, we had recently spent a lot of money on new patio and I was afraid they would damage it so said no. She would be asking for spins down town and I said no as I wasn't going down town and she only wanted spin so she could go to the pub. She would be very passive aggressive then with a few comments etc so I just say hello now and walk in to the house. There are loads of other stuff like wanting my husband to clear out her garden etc and getting sour when said no

ElleBellyBeeblebrox Tue 21-Jun-16 19:32:05

Take some advice from your local police. Although she may just likeme be utterly shit at parking.

PebbleTTC Tue 21-Jun-16 19:32:56

No this isn't crap parking, Iv lived next to the woman for 6 or 7 years

Bogeyface Tue 21-Jun-16 19:37:49

I reported a drunk driver after the fact. He admitted it and lost his license. Worth asking the police for their advice.

Cordelia1234 Tue 21-Jun-16 19:39:17

Don't you think it could be bad driving?, I regularly reverse badly off our drive, -possibly reversing over the edge of a neighbours garden, absolutely mortifying!

Other than that, all you can do, is mention that you saw her driving the other day, ask how she is (nicely of course) and can you help out in any way?. And not mentioning, that if you see this again, you would have to report it, or mention this too....she may need help....people don't usually get to this point in a happy frame of mind I'm sure...

agentmarmalade Tue 21-Jun-16 19:39:41

Based on everything you've said, id call the non emergency police number for advice.

snorepatrol Tue 21-Jun-16 19:40:20

I doubt the police can do much, it's private land and you have no proof whatsoever that she was drunk.
There's not much they can do about in now anyway it was 2 days ago.

I'd just suggest that if you see her drunk and about to drive phone the police at the time on the emergency number with her registration details and address. But I doubt they'd be much help now.

PebbleTTC Tue 21-Jun-16 21:16:27

Rang the police, they are going to add her to their watch list so if they see her car in town they will wait to see if she comes out of a pub and can use a breathalyser

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now