Talk

Advanced search

To want to feel as sexy as the blokes in the money supermarket advert feel about themselves?

(13 Posts)
Idontknowwhoiam Mon 20-Jun-16 20:40:11

I mean the one in the denim shorts is so emotional that the high viz guy thinks he can compete with him and shows so much passion proving his worth.. then the high viz guy is all like 'mate I'm so much hotter than you'
I just want to feel that way about myself!

Or maybe I need to get a grip.... confused

usual Mon 20-Jun-16 20:44:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

KondosSecretJunkRoom Mon 20-Jun-16 20:45:54

Err, OK. But they are parodying women who are competing with each other to be the sexiest. The reason why it is funny is because it is ridiculous to see men perform this display for the male gaze. And you want to be like this because...

Just get on with being you

MrsSpecter Mon 20-Jun-16 20:47:26

And you want to be like this because...

She doesnt want to be like that. She wants to feel as sexy as they are presenting themselves as.

GingerCuddleMonsterThe2nd Mon 20-Jun-16 20:48:58

Well the first question would be what do you like about yourself? What makes you feel confident? What would you describe as your best assests?

KondosSecretJunkRoom Mon 20-Jun-16 20:56:04

It's just aggressive posturing though. Like peacocks displaying feathers. There's nothing 'feeling sexy' about it - just out performing sexy with the other faux woman.

WaitingForTheMan Mon 20-Jun-16 20:59:26

I hate that advert.
Agree with Kondos.

MrsSpecter Mon 20-Jun-16 21:00:43

You know what OP i would repost this in style and beauty. Youre not going to get the advice you need here now. Unfortunately.

KondosSecretJunkRoom Mon 20-Jun-16 21:04:15

Because the idea that you have to be sexy, and compete with other women in an aggressive way to display your sexiness is without value?

Because avoiding mum boots and boot leg jeans is the route to true sexiness ?

KondosSecretJunkRoom Mon 20-Jun-16 21:06:37

...Don't have to be...

Honestly, don't ask me, I can't even flounce in style.

blueshoes Mon 20-Jun-16 21:32:25

That advert is funny. I don't feel the need to overthink it.

Idontknowwhoiam Mon 20-Jun-16 21:32:56

Those men look like they'd feel sexy in a black bag! How do you get to feel that way?
Even if I'm dolled up I feel like a tit and that I'm trying too hard!
I want to feel like high viz guy right before he does the worm... is that too much to ask?

Ps. This is not some woman bashing a exist agenda I have. I don't care what I or other women look like! It's about how I feel.

Pps. My best assets I would say is my taste in tv adverts!

Tiredofsummer Mon 20-Jun-16 21:36:47

I dont know how you feel like that I did in my youth for a while but I can't remember how now! Sorry your not the only one though hope that makes you feel better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now