Talk

Advanced search

Friends yuck habit

(26 Posts)
Itriedtodohandstandsforyou Mon 20-Jun-16 20:19:51

You know when you manicure your nails and you use that file thing to scrape under nail tips? Well, my friend, during lunch today kept doing this (without a file thing) but scraping under her long nails with nails from the other hand ..just stomach churning..and then she would kind of flick it off...like I said, stomach churning. I didn't actually say anything as didn't want to embarrass her but ...ugh ! Soooo aibu for wanting to give her a bit of a poke ?

PerpendicularVincent Mon 20-Jun-16 20:58:15

Ewwww. Did you say anything? That's gross.

WhatALoadOfWankers Mon 20-Jun-16 21:01:02

Well at least she didn't eat it <<< helpful

stopitatonce Mon 20-Jun-16 21:01:24

My friend does this regularly too - revolting! I struggle to eat food that she cooked as I can't get it out of my head

janethegirl2 Mon 20-Jun-16 21:10:23

How else are you meant to clean your nails?

Ok, I don't flick it tho'

FruStefanOla Mon 20-Jun-16 21:18:11

"How else are you meant to clean your nails?"

I would neither file nor clean my nails whilst having lunch with anyone. You either do it in the privacy of your own home or, if you find you need to clear something from underneath a nail, then just go to the loo, wash your hands and deal with it then.

YANBU Itried.

NavyAndWhite Mon 20-Jun-16 21:23:38

I have a rule in this house that anything to do with nails is done in the bathroom with the door locked in private.

I expect I have some bizarre nail phobia. Even reading this thread has made me feel sick. But I cannot stand anyway picking, biting or even touch their feet/nails.

I hate the noise, the sight. Anyway after my mini lecture, OP Yanbu wine chocolate for you for having to put up with such horror!

SmellyTelly Mon 20-Jun-16 21:30:55

thats vile

Verticalvenetianblinds Mon 20-Jun-16 21:33:14

I used to live with someone who picked her peeling sunburn and ate the dead skin. Not so terrible? But she'd also do it to a mutual friends back. (Potentially outing myself, surely there can't be more than one person who does this!)

TooMuchMNTime Mon 20-Jun-16 21:37:18

I have an ex friend who used to peel off bits of nail
She did it at my place once and put the bits in the coffe table, then was amazed when I told her not to. I thought it was damn rude, but she turned out to be damn rude, hence the ex!

Dozyoldtwonk Mon 20-Jun-16 21:39:35

There is something about picking toenails - not biting but picking them away - that truly churns my stomach. A few people I know does this, including DSIS. Oh and she picks the skin on the soles of her feet & kind of flicks it away. Disgusting.

UnGoogleable Mon 20-Jun-16 21:42:52

There was a girl in my school who would pick the eczema scabs off her scalp and eat them during lessons, oblivious to the world around her.

We would sit watching in horror like this shock

And there's a guy in work who picks behind his ears then surreptitiously sniffs his fingers mid conversation, as if we haven't noticed.....

Itriedtodohandstandsforyou Mon 20-Jun-16 21:51:45

Ha ha ha! some truly awful stories here! I hate long nails though, I once found a long fingernail in school dinner mashed potato...ugh ! And long toenails gross me out too....

HostaFireandIce Mon 20-Jun-16 22:05:23

I had a boyfriend once who had never owned nail clippers or scissors because he bit his nails. When he told me this, I said, "But what about your toenails?" He said, "I bite them too!" He did as well, as I later witnessed... Yuk.

PerpendicularVincent Mon 20-Jun-16 23:35:17

Me too Navy, it makes me feel physically sick.

I once moved on a train because bloke next to me was scratching his scalp, then getting whatever he found from under his nails and eating it confused

MrsSpecter Mon 20-Jun-16 23:37:37

<boke>

Long nails are grim.

MagicMojito Mon 20-Jun-16 23:46:48

This thread is disgusting but in the best way envy gringringrin

dorotheamumsie227 Mon 20-Jun-16 23:56:17

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

MrsSpecter Tue 21-Jun-16 00:03:05

confused

Wtf just happened? Is this still MN?

PerpendicularVincent Tue 21-Jun-16 00:11:09

grin I wondered that too Specter

BadLad Tue 21-Jun-16 03:23:51

And there's a guy in work who picks behind his ears then surreptitiously sniffs his fingers mid conversation, as if we haven't noticed

Could be worse

m.youtube.com/watch?v=VO2CsmL7wXw

VioletBam Tue 21-Jun-16 05:05:19

Jane IN PRIVATE! That's how! Nobody cares how you do it...you just don't do it in front of others!

BLEH!

NavyAndWhite Tue 21-Jun-16 06:27:25

Yesterday 23:56 dorotheamumsie227

not gonna lie babes but i do this all the time real satisfying recommend it to anyone if u need some stress relief luv u <333

It's the beginning of the end for dear old MN.

UnGoogleable Tue 21-Jun-16 10:23:26

BadLad That video...... shock OH MY GOD DOESN'T HE KNOW HE'S ON TV? And why would he do it anyway.... OH MY GOD!

Makes my ear cheese sniffing colleague seem normal.

Itriedtodohandstandsforyou Tue 21-Jun-16 12:10:36

Badlad, ha ha ha ! What a bloody hoot ! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now