Talk

Advanced search

To be a bit annoyed DH has gone out to his friend's while I'm concussed?

(12 Posts)
CesareBorgiasUnicornMask Mon 20-Jun-16 19:28:12

Leaving me to cope with almost 2-year-old DS, who should be in bed but isn't because he's been ill with a chest infection for the last week, and though he's nearly better his sleep pattern has gone to pot!

I actually know IABU as I told him to go, and that I'd be ok, but I DIDN'T MEEEAN ITTTT sad. Knocked myself out on a kitchen cupboard yesterday (resulting in delightful A&E trip and my head hurts like buggery and I still feel slightly nauseous.

Why isn't he a mind-reader?! angry

limon Mon 20-Jun-16 19:29:26

Yanbu but you definitely shouldn't have said it was ok.. Hope you feel better soon.

SouthWesterlyWinds Mon 20-Jun-16 19:29:40

I'm amazed he even asked...

Orchidflower1 Mon 20-Jun-16 19:30:50

Cos he's a bloke!!!
Seriously if you don't feel well call him and get him to come back- has he gone to watch football?
Get well xx

Allalonenow Mon 20-Jun-16 19:32:36

Hope you feel better very soon, but in future, say what you mean, not what he wants to hear.

Only1scoop Mon 20-Jun-16 19:34:12

Yabu

You told him to go.

CesareBorgiasUnicornMask Mon 20-Jun-16 19:35:04

I am slightly mollified as he has just called to say if I text him that it's all getting too much he'll come home. I think he is theoretically watching football, but as he hates football and hasn't watched any other matches I'm pretty sure it's just an excuse to see his friends. In fairness it's not like I'm totally non-functional - I went to uni for a few hours this morning - but only because I absolutely had to. And it didn't exactly help with how I'm feeling...

CesareBorgiasUnicornMask Mon 20-Jun-16 19:37:16

I knooowww IABU. <weeps>

ohtheholidays Mon 20-Jun-16 19:39:22

You need to text him and ask him to come home now. smile

Did the hospital give you a leaflet of what to look out for when you've had concussion?I hope you feel better soon,but if you do start feeling worse get yourself straight back up the hospital.

HermioneJeanGranger Mon 20-Jun-16 19:41:29

Why on earth did you tell him it was okay?

Tell him to get home and look after his wife! I'm shocked he thought it was okay to leave you, tbh.

HeartsTrumpDiamonds Mon 20-Jun-16 19:43:35

Cesare stop being a martyr and text your bloody DH!!! flowers

maisiejones Mon 20-Jun-16 23:06:47

You really shouldn't be left on your own with concussion. Get him home.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now