Talk

Advanced search

To think i can fix my face/body

(10 Posts)
user1456925105 Mon 20-Jun-16 07:50:18

Posting here for traffic

(Also problem with namechance box so i'm stuck with user#### shite sorry everybody).

Anyway I'm getting married in just over 3 weeks but over the last 4/5 weeks I've had 2 severe kidney infections, my monthlies and some migrain attacks.
These have led to me losing my appetite and then binge eating everything around me once it returned; which has in turn led me to putting on a bit of weight. It's not a lot but enough to make my dress a bit tighter across my lower abdomen than i'm comfortable with.

I also became very lax in my skincare routine. Over the last few months i've made changes to it (usually just wash and moisturise but have been cleansing/toning and all that other stuff too) in order to have it looking and feeling like i don't have dry clumpy make up on on the wedding day.
I have very bad dry skin periodically and tend not to wear make up often unless it's an occassion.

My skin is now horrendously dry and peeling (some of that is down to the sun).
I've just been so tired with the way body has been the last few weeks on top of stupid o'clock starts on the morning and then full on days that I haven't being sticking my my skincare routine again.

I know 1st world problems but I don't normally do dresses hairmake up etc and o just want to look nice on my wedding day.
So aibu to think I can fix my face and lose 5-10lbs in the next 3 weeks?

Tia

user1456925105 Mon 20-Jun-16 07:52:00

Also sorry for the typos, I haven't had any coffee yet.

margiebargie Mon 20-Jun-16 07:56:28

Post in style & beauty for good advice

user1456925105 Mon 20-Jun-16 08:00:54

Thanks margie.

coco1810 Mon 20-Jun-16 08:12:49

So sorry to hear that you are feeling so poorly just before your big day. I swear by good old fashioned blue pot Nivea for a few days when my skin is dry. Also, try drinking a few glasses of water which hydrates the skin from within so to speak. I am sure that you will look beautiful. Good luck on your wedding day and marriage.

ArgyMargy Mon 20-Jun-16 08:15:31

Face is easy to fix - get yourself a couple of proper exfoliation and rehydration facials before the day. Body shouldn't be too difficult either. Stop eating shit and start drinking water. Exercise, plenty of fruit & veg and NO BOOZE!

chajazam Mon 20-Jun-16 08:22:36

I have dry skin and it sounds like you're over cleansing. If you're using a foaming cleanser or a toner with alcohol you're going to strip your skin of oil and water. I'd ditch the current products and use either a cream or balm for cleansing. If you can afford some new products I would invest in a serum with hyaluronic acid and a facial oil for nighttime. I use the Clinique take the day off oil and clarins lotus oil but there are lots of the products in boots/super drug that can be bought for a few quid and will help.

violetbunny Mon 20-Jun-16 08:29:37

Sorry to hear you haven't been well.

My dermatologist recommended Avene for ultra dry skin when I was on Accutane - my skin was a dry peeling mess and it was hard to find moisturisers that were rich and hydrating enough as standard ones weren't cutting it. The compensating cream is super rich but great for night time to help with recovery: http://www.boots.com/en/Eau-Thermale-Avene-Extremely-Rich-Compensating-Cream-50ml_1040186/

Like others have said, be careful of what other skincare you're using, stick to a gentle non foaming or cream cleanser and avoid products with a high alcohol content (some toners can fall into this category).

Hope you feel better soon smile

N0tfinished Mon 20-Jun-16 08:30:18

Low carbohydrate diets are great for reducing tummy bloat & can be effective in the initial short term. Look for low-carb bootcamp posts (I'm sorry, can't remember which forum)

You can definitely improve your skin in 3 weeks. Stick to very gentle products to avoid allergic reactions. Patch test everything! You'd be better off if you went slow & steady and improved things a bit rather than flinging everything on & risk your skin being worse!

The most important thing is to repair your moisture barrier, so baby your skin! Look for niacinimide (sp?) and hyaluronic acid in your products

Hot-cloth (actually tepid-cloth) cleansing with a gentle cream cleanser (not foaming). Maybe an oil ( rosehip oil can be very effective. I like Trilogy brand). If your willing to throw some money at the problem, Decleor oil blends are lovely. I loved the rose & neroli blends.

Have you ever used glycolic acid products? They can be fantastic to clear flakiness. Alpha-H liquid gold is very highly rated. Again, please go slow & steady.

Finally a good moisturiser- When my skin is very dry I love Vichy Nutrilogy 2 moisturiser, it's saved my bacon a ton of times. Very rich & emollient, great as a night time moisturiser. Vichy is a great brand in general & not too expensive.

And stay out of the bloody sun!!!

user1456925105 Mon 20-Jun-16 14:35:19

Thanks everyone.

I've gone out and bought some new facial stuff, all non-foamy.

I only drink about twice a year so luckily enough don't have to give up nights out.
Am currently googling some do at home HIIT exercise and have gotten rid of my sins (junk food pasta etc) so hopefully it will all help.

Oh and no more sun. I live in Ireland and we had our summer 2 weeks ago grin

Again thanks a million for your replies and advice. I'm starting as I mean to go on (and AS'ing low carb threads).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now