Or is balloon tying really hard!

(14 Posts)
melmo26 Sun 19-Jun-16 21:20:43

It's dd2 7th birthday tomorrow, I bought some modelling balloons to give it a try!
It's actually really bloody hard and the noise of the balloons rubbing together is not nice.

Dd loves monkeys so I have tried to make one, followed the online instructions and it just looks like a weird dog smile

Has anyone else tried this?

Mrsraypurchase Sun 19-Jun-16 21:22:09

YANBU

LilySnape Sun 19-Jun-16 21:24:51

I get sore fingers tying them and i realised i was so out of shape i cant blow them up i have to use a pump hmm my lungs must be tiny

Muddlewitch Sun 19-Jun-16 21:29:07

YANBU it's a nightmare, I always get my fingers tied onto the balloon. I hate the noise too. Just draw a monkey face onto a balloon smile.

lalaloopyhead Sun 19-Jun-16 21:31:38

My dh did this for my daughter's birthday many years ago. Modelling balloons are really strong so I think it is nigh on impossible to blow them up without a pump. We stuck to easy crowd pleasers like swords and flowers and they went down well. At 7 let the kids have a go too. I was never great at it because I am afraid of popping balloons!

Queenbean Sun 19-Jun-16 21:32:47

I thought the title said "AIBU... Or is this balloon trying really hard?"

It would've been a better story tbh with that one grin

melmo26 Sun 19-Jun-16 21:33:24

Yeah have a pump here too
I'm going to try a monkey one more time
So far iv managed a dog, giraffe and crown. Burst two balloons and a weird looking dog monkey.

Might have to go with the drawing of a face tho

WelleWell Sun 19-Jun-16 21:35:46

It's hard when you're allergic to latex. grin

WonkoTheSane42 Sun 19-Jun-16 21:36:30

I'm pretty decent at modelling balloons and have made some com played things. Took a few weeks to develop competence at the basic twists. A monkey is not very hard, but you need the teddy bear twist. And yeah, don't try to blow them up without a pump, you'll burst your eardrums ;-)

WonkoTheSane42 Sun 19-Jun-16 21:37:02

*complicated

EveryoneElsie Sun 19-Jun-16 21:38:33

WonkoTheSane42 <applause>

We made caterpillars, sausages, and let them fly around the room making an amusing noise.

JemimaHighway Sun 19-Jun-16 21:39:39

Wow Wonka the balloon cat in your first photo is AMAZING!!!

PuraVida Sun 19-Jun-16 21:41:17

My MIL who is a very proper lady of a certain age somehow has acquired remarkable balloon modelling skills. She can also juggle. I suspect a secret past.

melmo26 Sun 19-Jun-16 22:11:36

Well my 'monkey' is a poodle
Wow wonka that is a great monkey
I'm going to have a look at the teddy bear twist and have another go.
I would normally be in bed by now but I will make a monkey smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now