come and tell me I am being irrational. please.

(13 Posts)
Oakmaiden Sun 19-Jun-16 11:36:58

My daughter is away this weekend on guide camp. She is due back at about 5:30.

Last night I dreamt I lost her. Completely lost, never seen again type lost. I feel like I have spent months crying. (I haven't. It was just a dream. But I woke up feeling as though I had)

I don't believe in dreams as foretelling anything. And I KNOW that if there were any problems on guide camp they would of course have phoned me. But I can't shake off this feeling of dread.

I'm not going to phone the guider. That would be insane. But oh my god I can't wait til 5:30 to give her a hug. (My daughter, not the guider. Although the guider probably deserves one as well, after taking 18 girls camping...)

I'm quite mad, aren't i?

BreakerofChains Sun 19-Jun-16 11:38:38

Yes you are being irrational.

Euphemia Sun 19-Jun-16 11:41:04

You're off your trolley. In the nicest possible way! grin

Your dream just means she's very special to you and you'd hate to lose her. That's all. Perfectly normal and rational.

Scribblegirl Sun 19-Jun-16 11:41:23

You're being total irrational but totally understandable smile I dreamt my sister died a few weeks ago - I wasn't quite the same until I'd chatted to her on the phone that night.

Dreams stay with us, they're funny things. She is fine smile

TSSDNCOP Sun 19-Jun-16 11:41:27

Everything is fatal in the middle of the night. You're probably wrung out from the dream still too.

You know she is fine or your phone will have rung. Have a shower and a coffee and get some fresh air until 5.30.

traviata Sun 19-Jun-16 11:45:20

I get dreams like this if I have been reflecting on how DD is growing up, and when she has been particularly grumpy (teenager) and I feel our relationship is not as good as I would like it to be.

(Make sure you never listen to Abba song 'Slipping through my fingers')

Oakmaiden Sun 19-Jun-16 11:47:41

I know (rationally) she will be completely fine. Irrational me just needs to see her to make sure.

However, rational me has a maths GCSE student arriving in 14 minutes for tutoring, and had better get on with sorting out my maths stuff...

I do feel wrung out, though. So strange.

Oakmaiden Sun 19-Jun-16 11:48:26

Travata - guaranteed tears from that song today...

WeirdAndPissedOff Sun 19-Jun-16 11:56:14

Oakmaiden - as a PP said you would have been informed if something had happened!

Dreams have a way of reflecting our stresses and worries. I know I have the most awful dreams sometimes if I'm a little unsettled, and none have come true yet!

Artistic Sun 19-Jun-16 12:09:44

Why not call & confirm. You will be at peace after that. Life is not always rational.

VimFuego101 Sun 19-Jun-16 12:58:46

Some dreams are scarily vivid. I had a dream that DH cheated on me once and I literally wanted to punch him and cry for a week afterwards.

EveryoneElsesMumSaidYes Sun 19-Jun-16 13:06:55

Oakmaiden I have that dream regularly about my son and it is very upsetting, agree with Traviata, I think it's linked to anxiety about them getting older and more independant.
Not long now until you get to have a lovely cuddle with your lovely girl

CruCru Sun 19-Jun-16 15:12:21

My Mum once had a dream that something happened to me and rang me to check I was okay. At 3am when I had work the next morning.

Yeah, you're being irrational. I hope she's had a fun time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now