Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to think that this is expensive

(6 Posts)
Greysmanicfan41 Sat 18-Jun-16 22:27:36

Tefal cook4me 180.00 for a talking computerised dummy pressure cooker,

can any give me good bad reviews, it has alot of 4/5 and im a crap cook and i do alot of ready meals and takeaways and need to lose weight and stop the crap eg. sugar and stop using shop made stuff and more home made stuff

but major con is it always asking for shop made curry sauces or pastes or sauces ARRGH

anyname123 Sun 19-Jun-16 10:45:30

I have no thoughts or experience with this gadget, but if you want something easy and healthy get a slow cooker. Chop veg / meat / whatever few herbs, spices, tomatoes etc and you'll have a lovely healthy meal to come home to. Make double / triple, freeze the rest, reduce your cooking days to one in 3. Couldn't be easier.

Costacoffeeplease Sun 19-Jun-16 11:04:40

I got a multi function slow cooker/pressure cooker from qvc for about £60, also does rice - I use it a lot

FrogFairy Sun 19-Jun-16 11:43:03

Have a look at the Instant Pot. Long thread here, though in the interests of weight loss you may want to scroll past the cheesecake posts.

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/2538738-To-tell-you-all-about-my-Instant-Pot-electric-pressure-cooker

SugarPlumTree Mon 20-Jun-16 12:13:35

I've bought an Instant Pot having read the thread Frogfairy linked to. A Google search found a discount code that gave free postage, £25 off, silicone mittens and extra seal. It was a bit scary using it the first time but I've got the hang of it now after a few days and so far so good.

lougle Mon 20-Jun-16 12:46:36

I'm the OP from that thread. I'd highly recommend the Instant Pot. I have two and they are both in daily use. I've currently got 6 pints of milk that have just come to the boil, ready to be made into yoghurt. I make a batch once or twice a week and strain it into Greek yoghurt. It never fails.

But yes, the cheesecake is lethalgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now