Talk

Advanced search

Loose plans and cancelling

(4 Posts)
singme Sat 18-Jun-16 18:50:47

I'd be interested in your opinions!

So I absolutely hate to cancel any plans I've made or to say no to things, often I will think I'll just go for a bit and then end up there for hours with loads to do when I get back.

Because of this I spent two hours yesterday taking a friend to a medical appointment (happy to do it though) and tomorrow I'm visiting a friend who lives 2.5 hours away for the day because it's the only time we could both do and I wanted to make the effort.

So today I had loads to do but did say to another friend maybe we could meet for a coffee if we were both free. She's just texted to ask if I'm still free. I feel terrible saying no, I'm actually still catching up on stuff. Is this being flakey or does it not count as plans? Really I should have just said I was going to be too busy today, but I didn't really realise how much stuff has built up over the week!

AIBU to say that I am not free? Especially as I've obviously got time to write this thread! But promise it's while I'm waiting for the washing machine to finish!

HerRoyalNotness Sat 18-Jun-16 19:19:30

It's fine, the arrangement was if you're both free and you're not. When you reply suggest an alternate day and time.

singme Sat 18-Jun-16 20:29:52

Thanks! I think I'm a bit over sensitive about these things!

Lovewineandchocs Sat 18-Jun-16 20:57:41

Yeh, just text saying sorry you had loads to do today but suggest another day and time. She'll be fine about it 😀

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now