to take the side off now?

(8 Posts)
smudgedlipstick Sat 18-Jun-16 18:03:13

My dd is 2.3, she sleeps very well at night, goes down very well and has done since she was small. She still has the sides on her cot. She has climbed out twice when she was a year old and never tried again. Would it be ridiculous to take the side off now? I feel like I should have taken it off by now and am planning on potty training fairly soon so would be easier for that.

Amy214 Sat 18-Jun-16 18:12:29

Take it off if she's climbing over the side, my dd was showing signs of trying to climb out but i removed it anyway as i felt she was just too old to be in a cot (2 years old) i regret not doing it sooner, she was a pain for getting out of bed but she soon settled after 3 nights. Now shes much better for getting into bed having her story and then being left to fall asleep by herself.

smudgedlipstick Sat 18-Jun-16 18:57:22

The thing is she had only climbed it twice over a year ago, she just isn't bothered at all, I feel like I would enticing sleeping issues if I take it off since she sleeps so well at the moment.

honeylulu Sat 18-Jun-16 19:56:44

My eldest was in a cot until he was three and a half. There always a single bed in his room when he finally expressed an interest we moved him (he had a bed guard for another two years and occasionally went in a travel cot until he was 5 - he was tiny though!) do don't feel you ought to move her due to age alone. What's your instinct? If you think she feels ready then maybe it's time...

Amy214 Sat 18-Jun-16 21:38:06

I felt that dd was ready, she was a great sleeper but she settled into it perfectly ok, there was a few times that i thought i would put it back together (very tired after dd waking up approx. 20x) it lasted 3-4 nights. Now her sleeping is much better than it was before. Dd only hooked her foot on the edge but i was scared incase she done when i wasn't looking. The only bad thing about her being in a bed now is she can jump on my bed in the mornings to wake me up grin

mineofuselessinformation Sat 18-Jun-16 21:47:34

Is it a drop side? If so, maybe compromise by leaving it dropped down and see how it goes.

wheresthel1ght Sat 18-Jun-16 21:49:35

2.3 is still quite young to be potty training and to be how at you want to try her in the day before you start night times so if you are happier with the side on then leave it on a bit longer. It won't hurt her!

smudgedlipstick Sat 18-Jun-16 22:02:17

I am following her lead with the potty training, she runs up to me and tells me she needs a wee or poo then takes her nappy off! She already goes on the loo and potty so it's just making the decision to fully do it X I have bitten the bullet and taken the side off. shock she got straight up as soon as u put her down but hasn't gotten up since and is absolutely sparko so fingers crossed for the rest of the night!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now