Talk

Advanced search

What's with all the slag off my kid's father posts

(209 Posts)
Clarke83 Sat 18-Jun-16 17:52:23

I'm on Facebook. Mainly I use it to keep up with family who live far away but I also occasionally check in at the local cinema, restaurant, soft play etc. I realise that people use Facebook for a variety of reasons but why use it as a forum to air your grievances and anger with your ex and father of your children?

Seriously it's not even Father's Day until tomorrow and I've already seen a ton of posts from people slagging off their child's father or "sperm donor" as they put it, calling them a waste of space and how they are complete d**k h***s. Why do women do this, why so they stoop to such a level?

I was a single mother for two years when my husband of 12 years upped and left me and his two young children for another woman. I'm now in a happy long term relationship but I'll admit I'm still rather angry with my ex and can never forgive him for walking out on his children. But I don't chose to voice that anger to my friends and sometimes even strangers on Facebook. I know people are different but why do this, there's no need for it. Aibu here?

NeedACleverNN Sat 18-Jun-16 17:56:00

If you can't vent your frustrations on your own private FB to your friends when can you?

Clarke83 Sat 18-Jun-16 17:57:30

I know what you're saying but surely you can discuss such private and personal issues in person with friends?

usual Sat 18-Jun-16 17:57:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Clarke83 Sat 18-Jun-16 17:59:18

Sorry I didn't know whether I was allowed to or not.

fuckincuntbuggerinarse Sat 18-Jun-16 17:59:19

Clarke83 Sat 18-Jun-16 18:00:23

And I know they can post what they like but still isn't it a bit low to post these sort of things. Some people find Father's Day hard enough as it is as they've lost their own dad. Surely they don't want to see this sort of stuff.

NeedACleverNN Sat 18-Jun-16 18:00:27

Cunt
Twat
Dick
Douche
Wank badger
Knob jokey

And every swear you can think of.....it's allowed grin

Clarke83 Sat 18-Jun-16 18:01:28

I understand that I do. I also understand that some women may have been treated badly, a lot worse than I have with my ex but why post it on Facebook?

usual Sat 18-Jun-16 18:02:06

Clarke83 Sat 18-Jun-16 18:02:13

Brill I'll remember that next time. I just don't know whether my post would be taken down if language wasn't allowed.

fuckincuntbuggerinarse Sat 18-Jun-16 18:02:37

NellWilsonsWhiteHair Sat 18-Jun-16 18:02:49

<aside> It really irks me when people use 'sperm donor' as an insult. The sperm donor who helped me have a child is one of the most generous people I've met.

Clarke83 Sat 18-Jun-16 18:03:49

I know they can but once you've seen it you can't really un see it. I've seen some rather shocking things on Facebook so I know that this may seem like nothing but some parents have their kids as friends and what if they seen their father being royally slagged off. It's isn't nice really is it.

usual Sat 18-Jun-16 18:03:53

BreakerofChains Sat 18-Jun-16 18:04:18

I just cringe whenever I see someone on Facebook slagging of their ex or even current partner, why air your dirty laundry? Half the time their statuses are public so the whole world can see.

WorraLiberty Sat 18-Jun-16 18:05:14

I can't get fussed about it as long as they're using their own timelines and not mine.

The only time I really don't like it is when they have their children on their friend list, as that must be quite horrible for them to keep reading one parent slagging off the other.

Clarke83 Sat 18-Jun-16 18:05:28

The sperm donor comment really annoys me too. There's just no need for it. Some of the people on my friends list have posted some really awkward and viscous comments and it's certainly lowered my opinion of them.

fuckincuntbuggerinarse Sat 18-Jun-16 18:05:34

usual Sat 18-Jun-16 18:06:43

PolitelyDisagree Sat 18-Jun-16 18:07:23

YANBU - it's immature and makes the poster look bad.

Clarke83 Sat 18-Jun-16 18:07:26

I agree it isn't. I'm constantly hiding suggested posts and things like that but when your so called friends and aquaintences are posting horrible nasty things it's not very nice to see.

fuckincuntbuggerinarse Sat 18-Jun-16 18:07:37

Zame Sat 18-Jun-16 18:07:44

Some peoples exes are absolute bastards, more twattish perhaps than you could ever imagine, far beyond the realms of just being a little bit awkward or not paying for their children. And sometimes in those circumstances, people like to vent and don't consider first who can see their posts, they just want to rant. I just skim over it as I can understand the frustration

justnotaballetmum Sat 18-Jun-16 18:07:53

It lacks class, I must say, so YANBU, OP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now