Talk

Advanced search

To think the worlds gone fcking mad! Light-hearted.

(5 Posts)
Nannaboppa Sat 18-Jun-16 16:08:01

I have a friend who comes to visit sometimes. we have three cats, she barely notices them. On Facebook she's always going on about her love of cats & is now dying to visit a cat cafe & is getting mega excited over Facebook with another friend about their upcoming visit. Next week were all going out, me & a mutual friend said we werent looking forward to it as it's karaoke in a private room with just 10 of us (we dont know the other 6 that well) mutual friends just put on Facebook how much she's looking forward to next week & is very excited! Not what she said to me.
I know worse things are happening but I just think Facebook has made everyone into raving nutters who've lost touch with reality. Is anyone 'normal' anymore?

KissMyArse Sat 18-Jun-16 16:13:39

She hates your cats and secretly loves karaoke. She's actually been really good mates with the other 6 who are going and has deliberately excluded you from the friendship.

grin

Nannaboppa Sat 18-Jun-16 16:16:56

She loves my cats, she just hides it very well! Not excluded just haven't met them yet. We will have a great time!

KissMyArse Sat 18-Jun-16 16:19:03

Oh hang on, is this 2 different people you are talking about?

Either way it's no big deal really is it.

To be fair, I imagine going to a cat cafe with her mate is more exciting than coming to your house and seeing your cats. I can understand why she is posting excitedly about it.

The karaoke is a different story though.

So you are 50% U

Wherewouldibe Sat 18-Jun-16 16:24:33

There is a parallel universe out there in the form of social media. On social media life is great and we all look amazing (filters), we have endless 'fun' nights out and all of our family members are adorable.

It is a load of fake bullshit half the time and this is why our teenagers are becoming anxious and depressed. They think everyone is living this perfect lifestyle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now