To cancel at this short notice

(13 Posts)
BillyNotQuiteNoMates Fri 17-Jun-16 20:25:51

DD is expected at 2 birthday parties tomorrow. I need to work, but have arranged lifts for her. Today, I took her to school but she didn't feel well, so I brought her back home. I was hoping that with a quiet day and a good nights sleep she would be fine tomorrow, but she's just gone to bed crying with a bad tummy. I am worried that if I send her tomorrow, she will be sick or something and I won't be there so I'd rather keep her with me (I can either take her to work with me, of she feels up to it or leave her with MIL) I've messaged the parents, and I'm hoping they won't think I'm being rude.

EatShitDerek Fri 17-Jun-16 20:26:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LadyAntonella Fri 17-Jun-16 20:27:36

Um.... of course that's not U... Sorry, it just seems an unusual thing to need to ask.

Ameliablue Fri 17-Jun-16 20:31:56

You can't help illness, it's not rude to cancel and better to cancel than spread a potential tummy bug around.

BusStopBetty Fri 17-Jun-16 20:56:09

No, if she's ill she's ill.

However, if it was just stomach pains I'd probably have left it until tomorrow in case it was constipation or wind.

RubbleBubble00 Fri 17-Jun-16 20:56:29

Just msg parents now and tell them she's ill. It happens

crazywriter Fri 17-Jun-16 22:00:31

Nothing you can do about illness. Just be apologetic about it. If it was my kids birthday parties I wouldn't think YWBU.

TipBoov Fri 17-Jun-16 22:46:51

No YANBU, it Santa be helped

TipBoov Fri 17-Jun-16 22:47:08

Can't*

Not sure where the rogue Santa came from!

KittensandKnitting Fri 17-Jun-16 22:48:19

Just message the parents and explain the situation

Think they will appreciate the heads up personally but not be offended. Kids get sick

ProudAS Sat 18-Jun-16 06:48:14

How is she today and has she actually been sick?

HarlettOScara Sat 18-Jun-16 06:54:00

I had a party for my DD's birthday last weekend. 2 parents contacted me on the morning to say their children wouldn't be able to attend. Wasn't a problem for me at all. I was grateful for the text in advance.

yorkshapudding Sat 18-Jun-16 08:33:24

I don't think it's rude. Would be far worse to send her to the party knowing she was poorly. That wouldn't be fair on her or them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now