Talk

Advanced search

Hysterectomy

(8 Posts)
Sventon Thu 16-Jun-16 22:38:24

Hi, I'm having to have a full hysterectomy in 11 days time. I understand what's going to happen to me but the consultant didn't mention anything about the apparent lack of sex drive or the impacts the hysterectomy may have regarding the fulfilment and pleasure of sex afterwards.

If someone has had this op, especially with the removal of everything - uterus, cervix, ovaries and tubes etc can you let me know what it has been like for you?

I have worried myself sick from reading about this on the Internet and am now convinced I'm going to end up with no desire or pleasure during sex afterwards.

Sventon Mon 30-Oct-17 19:29:22

Sorry - I've just seen this post :-(. I hope you're ok. I won't lie - it has impacted me. My desire has waned almost completely and my orgasms are no where near as good. Health comes first though... I guess..hope you're doing better than me

TwitterQueen1 Mon 30-Oct-17 19:32:13

you're the same person posting 16 months apart. Troll?

Fishfingersandwich3 Mon 30-Oct-17 19:38:18

Mumsnet is weird tonight... must be the upcoming Halloween!

Sventon Mon 30-Oct-17 20:42:50

Hi. Nope, not the same person. I forgot about mumsnet and then forgot my password. It's all true though sadly. Really impacted my marriage.

Sventon Mon 30-Oct-17 20:44:19

Omg! You're totally right 😂😂😂😂 I'm responding to my own post! No wonder I forgot about it no one responded to me. Oh well, for anyone who picks up this thread the worst happened so think through before you have this op.
God! Sorry about that 😂😂😂😂

GlitteryFluff Mon 30-Oct-17 20:46:06

Sorry op it sounds shitty for you, but I'm grin at you replying to yourself! grin

Hopefully now this has been bumped someone might be able to give you advice.

Sventon Mon 30-Oct-17 21:55:55

GlitteryFluff - I know. I was laughing so hard at myself. You can tell I'm not on here often. I was getting confused why I was being called a Troll and thought that was unkind! Then I bothered to look at the poster of the thread and it was me. OMG Jeez!! ;-D ;-D

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now